Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Like Tree14Likes

New sky Q box

This is a discussion on New sky Q box within the Sky Rumour Mill forums, part of the Sky news and announcements category; New tivo box is now available in the US. 4x simultaneous recording, 4k and it can skip adverts. Also something ...

lettice is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub (no Sky Q here, hub is for sky+hd and sky broadband)
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: New sky Q box

New tivo box is now available in the US.
      4x simultaneous recording, 4k and it can skip adverts.
      Also something called quick mode, watch 30% faster with pitch perfect audio

https://www.tivo.com/?sf13650236=1
      speedyrite, coipu and wizard200 like this.

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Maybe it's just me but personally i can't even begin to compare bt's 4K service to sky's next-gen which won't hog internet bandwidth.

At least not in any serious way.
      To me, yes Netflix & Prime etc are all valid as add-on's just as NowTV, bt & TalkTalk etc are as alternatives to sky.
      But comparable?
      No, with the average household in mind that's simply too much of a stretch for me.

VM with their Tivo box though, now that's a different story.
      That's what i'd call comparable.

Sure, my defining distinction will become irrelevant one day when we all have 1Gbps connections.
      In fact if sky fail to keep pace then they may well find themselves irrelevant by that point.

For the foreseeable though, it's my belief that sky's (almost) USP will continue to be a no-brainer for most people in areas without cable.

wizard200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gatwick
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited + Sky Talk
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: sky+HD 2TB box
      Thanks

Hello All
      The new Tivo box sounds very good but after My one & only trial with VM many years ago: it would not fill Me with joy regarding a return although if Sky continue to delay
      the changes & upgrades that are so long overdue : ie a decent router plus advances
      in the set top box : plus a review of the packs & pricing structure they could lose
      customers to other suppliers , I know some households that have already dropped
      sky in favour of Netflix/prime with freeview/freesat & believe its the best move they
      have made...........
      Just a Thought.....

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789