Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Internet Light Off On The Router

This is a discussion on Internet Light Off On The Router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I've been told numerous excuses from them as to why i can't connect (never the same 1 twice) the best ...

pascaldias is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blackfiars Salford
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Internet Light Off On The Router

I've been told numerous excuses from them as to why i can't connect (never the same 1 twice) the best was that my present broadband provider was stopping them from supplying me through the phone line (I have what was NTL broadband)
      I have a power light and a wireless light on the router but no internet light, I've plugged the line straight into the test socket of my phone line ( phone works but not router so no problem with the line, I can log into the router via the ethernet cable but not with wireless.
      They sent me another router but just the same with that 1, also tried all 6 filters that came with them.
      The only reason I haven't told them where to go is that they give my monthly fee back each month

help

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Internet Light Off On The Router

Just because the phone works that dosen't mean there is an ADSL signal on the line or that the router has synced with the exchange. Infact if there is no internet light then it almost certainly hasn't. Go into the router menu then go to status, it will probably say "disconnected" press connect you will probably get an error code, if not and it still dosen't connect try running the "Sky test" which is in the same part of the menu if memory serves me. If you manage to get an error code ring Sky and tell them your router wont connect and sync with the exchange, this is the error code and that you have not had broadband on the line before.

Tezcatlipoca is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Cambridge (EACAM)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

How long has this been going on?

When was Sky BB supposed to be activated on your BT phoneline?

pascaldias is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blackfiars Salford
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I should had the line active since the 19th february

i already told them that i ve got error code 100, they started to said it was a bt exchange problem, and now they is problem with router, they are sending a new router.

My exchange location is blackfiars in salford

I m really confused

Crymson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Addiscombe
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm having this problem too, you're the only other person I've seen with it
      Our broadband is definitely live, the activation date was a week or so ago but because Sky told us it would be a bit late we got a text to confirm it is definitely live a couple of days ago.

Is there anything that I can do without calling Sky? Their customer services are appalling, and believe me it has nothing to do with the call centres - I tried to get sense out of a rep on their stand in my town and I don't think anyone's ever talked down to me like he did... kind of ironic as he clearly didn't have a clue about their services.

gurm_bacchus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: bt
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Re: Internet Light Off On The Router

Hi,

My activation date was last Friday (27th - was left a voicemail on the home number that the line was active). I connected the Sky broadband box up this morning - and hey presto - no Internet light came on. I then spent 3 hours or so trying to get it working - I was told by their technical support that the line was active and it could be a broken micro-filter, so tried all 3 that I was sent without any joy.

I then had to go through technical support 3 more times before I was told that my problem had now been escalated to 'tier 3' and that they have a 3 - 5 working day turnaround! I even tried my existing Netgear router in place of the Sky one and still no luck in getting an Internet light.

I thought this'd be an easy move as I'm moving from NTL broadband and at a better price - however, if it's not resolved in the next few days, NTL (or Virgin Media now) caused me no problems and will look a much better bet.

Gurm

GedNE is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If you have a sapre router.. try that. I had no DSL signal on activation as well.. but my Voyager 210 found a DSL signal. Good job too, took Sky 3 weeks to replace the original router!