Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

faulty router? Am i being told the truth or being fobbed off?

This is a discussion on faulty router? Am i being told the truth or being fobbed off? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi all, Being messed about with sky just wondered if anyone was in the same boat as me or knew ...

erniebert1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

faulty router? Am i being told the truth or being fobbed off?

Hi all,

Being messed about with sky just wondered if anyone was in the same boat as me or knew if I was being told the truth. My story as follows :-

Signed up with sky, gave them my mac code from tiscali and within 10 days I got my router and line swapped over from tiscali to sky. All went perfect until the day I tried to connect to the interent & 3 weeks later on still no internet at all. After many horrible calls to technical department I have finally been told "THEY THINK" my router is faulty and are going to send 1 out to me, but I just wanted to see if that is really the case.

When I turn the router on for the 1st time all my lights come on as normal but when I try to connect to the net via wireless or LAN my green internet lights disappears and I can't connect at all. When try to reboot & switch off & back on my internet light on the router doesn't even flash orange and then goes green, it just doesn't come on at all now.

Master socket has been checked, filters checked ( surely not all 3 i got sent would be faulty ), Upnp switched off etc.. but still no joy. My laptop see's the router via wireless straight away, I get a full 5 bar excellent signal strength and my laptop via LAN see's the connect with no problems at all I just don't get an internet light on my router. I do have a digisender & wireless phones but have tried without either of these pluged in & working and still no joy.

Please can anyone tell me if it looks like a faulty router?, and if anyone is in the same boat as me? and if this is a common problem or quite an extreme problem with sky?

many thanks

lee

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: faulty router? Am i being told the truth or being fobbed off?

If you can get to the router menu then your connection to the router is working, what doe's the status page say in the router menu i.e. are you connected to the outside world? If not do you get an error message if you press connect or run the Sky test in the router menu?

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koala5 View Post
      If you can get to the router menu then your connection to the router is working, what doe's the status page say in the router menu i.e. are you connected to the outside world? If not do you get an error message if you press connect or run the Sky test in the router menu?
      srouter menu, is that when you got ot 192.168.0.1, if so then yes I can see the menu. going on my dinner now so will see what error message i get when i run sky test.

thankyou

lee

gareth824 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BE
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi,

I had this problem when I was activated on the 24th January. I could connect to the router via the 192.168 option and the status was connected but no IP address and no green adsl light.

Every now and then it would obtain an IP address and I could get web pages on but the green light never came on. Sky sent me a new router which worked as soon as I plugged it in.

So yes you may have a faulty router. My problems with Sky are still ongoing but under a seperate issue. I'm due to migrate to BE on the 12th March...can't bloody wait!

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Had a look at some of your posts gareth824 it dose seem you have had a bit of a nightmare, I have some teething problems but were all resolved one way or another, infact my brother who is living with me at the moment is amased at the speeds he is getting on downloads since he updated to Vista, dont do much downloading myself.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Have been home and found out i do have an error code 100.

Quote Originally Posted by gareth824 View Post
      Hi,

I had this problem when I was activated on the 24th January. I could connect to the router via the 192.168 option and the status was connected but no IP address and no green adsl light.

Every now and then it would obtain an IP address and I could get web pages on but the green light never came on. Sky sent me a new router which worked as soon as I plugged it in.

So yes you may have a faulty router. My problems with Sky are still ongoing but under a seperate issue. I'm due to migrate to BE on the 12th March...can't bloody wait!
      thanks for the info, much appreciated.

lee

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Back to technical then I'm afraid, Good luck.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Although I don't like what you told me lol, I appreciate all your help m8.

lee

Exchange:
      Thanks

sorry forgot to ask. would you say that error code is due to a faulty router or would you say even with a new router that error code is for something else?

lee

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Not too hot on error codes not had that problem myself, I think it could be either. Maybe someone else on here has seen error 100, One would like to think Sky techno should know! No sorry not funny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast