Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Help getting Connected

This is a discussion on Help getting Connected within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Like many other members I'm experiencing horrendous problems switching to Sky BB . Any help would be much appreciated. Background ...

Tony_W is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEHLS
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Sky TV:

Help getting Connected

Like many other members I'm experiencing horrendous problems switching to Sky BB. Any help would be much appreciated.

Background ...

Ordered Sky BB 15.1.07
      Disconnected from AOL 25.1.07 despite not receiving activiation date or router.
      ASDL signal to exchange OK on existing Netgear DG834G router, syncs at approx. 6.5MB.

Provisioning tell me that my order is stuck ! I'm convinced I've been switched from AOL to Sky by BT at the local exchange but there has been a breakdown in communication i.e. BT updating Sky's Penfold system.

Things that could help me ....

1) how I can obtain / generate a ADSL user name and password for my existing Netgear router? I'm aware that Sky hide ADSL user id / password in their proprietary version of the Netgear firmware + know how to obtain the same via hacks. My problem is that I don't have a router to hack. I did manage to get them to send me a disk which has Sky Netgear recovery S/W on it though. Can this be used to generate a hex password for my own routers MAC address ?

2) how to get Sky to send me a router even though their systems say my line is not active. Seems a case of 'computer says no' whenever you speak to anyone at Sky to try & get them to override their systems and send me a router given the status of my account.

Thanks in advance to all who may be able to help.

Wish I'd taken heed of all the horror stories I read before deciding to dump my old ISP .... 'Better the Devil you know' !!!
      Last edited by Tony_W; 04-02-07 at 08:48 AM.

2. Advertisement