Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connection Info & Timescales

This is a discussion on Connection Info & Timescales within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Afternoon All I joined SKY BB using the base package near the end of last month and initially it was ...

PhiliB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cosham
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Connection Info & Timescales

Afternoon All

I joined SKY BB using the base package near the end of last month and initially it was fine, however there are times where the router looks like its not actually doing anything, not the most technical of explanations I know !. Basically what i mean is that when its started or rebooted i can access the router stats and it says 'Connecting' but it can stay like that for hours, other times it says 'Negotating' and again can stay like that for quite a while.

When i press the connection status it will say Disconnected .. and after pressing 'connect' the status doesnt change.
      (The setup is via the yellow ethernet cable.)
      If i reboot it can sometimes get an address but it most cases not.

Im going to have a go at the UPnP setting this eve but my question is there anyway to see what the router is doing .. i.e with Dialup or BT Broadband you have an idea whether you have made a connection or not and error codes associated with a failure, with Sky it seems a bit more hit and miss.

Any help would be appreciated
      Thanks
      Phil

2. Advertisement
      snake is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Connection Info & Timescales

Rite first and for most i need to know your physical setup. R u in the master socket, which is located downstairs unless it has been moved,with no extensions on that grey cable running from your broadband box? Plus if you wish to know ur connection status ie wither you may have an autentication failure u need to click on the "sky test" in your router settings page which will give u either an error code 100,200 or 300. If it is an error code 100 you will need to ring tech support. If it is an error code 200 then leave your router switched on for 48 hours untouched then go back and do the sky test again. If it is an error code 300 then switch your router off for 20 seconds, taking the power lead out the back, then plug the power lead back in and power the router on. After this is done do another sky test and if it is an error code 300 again do the same thing but power the router down for 40 minutes this time. If still an error code 300 you will need to contact tech support as it may be a stale session. Get back to me let me know how that goes.
      Last edited by Saturday; 24-01-07 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Removed full quote of preceeding post