Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Will Sky router work with Windows 98

This is a discussion on Will Sky router work with Windows 98 within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Arghh. nothing in documents about sky not working with windows 98 until after their engineer had tried to install it ...

LesB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01483
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Will Sky router work with Windows 98

Arghh. nothing in documents about sky not working with windows 98 until after their engineer had tried to install it on my windows 98 pc. I previously had a buffolo router set up to tiscali and it worked fine with the 98 machine using ethernet, and my xp (which isn't near a phone point) connecting by wireless.

why won't my sky box do the same - or can it? Please help me through this, the engineer has mucked up my existing settings, blown the transformer on my old router as they couln't be bothered to rewire the new box and left me with nothing. Only when I read the Sky install disk do I find it's not compatible with windows 98 - or do you folks know a way around!!!!!!!

Gentle with me please as I'm a non techy, but I'm hoping

cheers
      Les

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      OK - first thing is you don't need any Sky software to connect to SkyBB. The router is plug in and go. So there's no W98 compatibility to worry about.

What settings has the "engineer" messed up?

snake is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Will Sky router work with Windows 98

Quote Originally Posted by LesB View Post
      Arghh. nothing in documents about sky not working with windows 98 until after their engineer had tried to install it on my windows 98 pc. I previously had a buffolo router set up to tiscali and it worked fine with the 98 machine using ethernet, and my xp (which isn't near a phone point) connecting by wireless.

why won't my sky box do the same - or can it? Please help me through this, the engineer has mucked up my existing settings, blown the transformer on my old router as they couln't be bothered to rewire the new box and left me with nothing. Only when I read the Sky install disk do I find it's not compatible with windows 98 - or do you folks know a way around!!!!!!!

Gentle with me please as I'm a non techy, but I'm hoping

cheers
      Les
      Saturday is correct in that one all you need to do is plug the router in connect it to your computer and u should beable to connect. It only states that in the guide that it doesn't support windows 98 but what it really means is sky technical support don't have the settings for windows 98 as they only support windows xp,2000 and mac osx or higher. But that doesn't mean to say you shouldn't beable to connect using 98. Give saturday the settings that the engineer has messed up and maybe myself or saturday could help ya