Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

wireless channel

This is a discussion on wireless channel within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; hi everyone new as in registered ,but have been looking an learning for a long time. question i have just ...

den
      den is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: STANFORD LE HOPE
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

wireless channel

hi everyone new as in registered ,but have been looking an learning for a long time.
      question i have just bought a phillips video sender from ebay have set all up,
      got a picture but have terrible interference from sky b/band box wireless connection,have spoken to supplier he sez if i can change the frequency in my router that will prob stop it. i have accessed router (thanks to info from here)and changed the channels but this has not worked.has anybody any ideas
      regards
      den

2. Advertisement
      mossywell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSMEPK
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      The bad news is that this is to be expected because both operate at the 2.4 Ghz frequency, so they're guaranteed to interfere with each other. Rather than playing with the channels on the router, you might get better mileage out of changing the "band" (if there is one) on the video sender (or try various permutations). The other thing you might want to try is positioning if the two devices. From experience, I can say that a shift of even 1 inch in the video sender dish can change the picture to a work of art to a snow storm!
      IQ album "Dark Matter" artwork reproduced with permission. See www.gep.co.uk/iq for more information.