Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Linskys wireless card

This is a discussion on Linskys wireless card within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Whilst with my previous ISP I used a Linskys router & card for wireless connection to my laptop. The linskys ...

stevetelcom2000 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: south wigston
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Linskys wireless card

Whilst with my previous ISP I used a Linskys router & card for wireless connection to my laptop. The linskys card is compatable with the Sky Netgear router. At the moment I can only connect to the router via cable. My operating system is Windows2000. Can anybody advise on how to get the Linskys card & the Netgear router communicating & me recieving wireless.

2. Advertisement
      Amaboknaai is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01276 Camberley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus RT-AC68U
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      First things first...

Can you see the Netgear wireless router with the Linksys card (not connect, but is it visible). If so, you will need to input the Wireless encryption key (WEP or WPA - depending on which has been configured) when attempting to connect to the router.

It sometimes helps connecting via Ethernet and then disabling the wireless encryption for a short period. Then, disconnect Ethernet and try to connect via wireless. If this works, reconfigure Wireless encrytion once more and retry with the ecnryption key that you generate (I suggest WPA-TKIP). If this doesn't work - Ethernet again and change default channel from 11 to 8 and follow process once again....

If you cannot see the Netgear wireless connection, then reset the router by inserting a pin into the reset hole at the back and hold in for 5 seconds and release. Then let it reset and connect via Ethernet and follow procedure above.

If this still doesn't work, your router might be faulty...

stevetelcom2000 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: south wigston
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amaboknaai View Post
      First things first...

Can you see the Netgear wireless router with the Linksys card (not connect, but is it visible). If so, you will need to input the Wireless encryption key (WEP or WPA - depending on which has been configured) when attempting to connect to the router.

It sometimes helps connecting via Ethernet and then disabling the wireless encryption for a short period. Then, disconnect Ethernet and try to connect via wireless. If this works, reconfigure Wireless encrytion once more and retry with the ecnryption key that you generate (I suggest WPA-TKIP). If this doesn't work - Ethernet again and change default channel from 11 to 8 and follow process once again....

If you cannot see the Netgear wireless connection, then reset the router by inserting a pin into the reset hole at the back and hold in for 5 seconds and release. Then let it reset and connect via Ethernet and follow procedure above.

If this still doesn't work, your router might be faulty...
      You lost me after the 1st line. I just need to know how to bring up the Linskys screen that will allow me to enter the details of the router so they can recognise each other.