Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connecting BB

This is a discussion on Connecting BB within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hiya, I have joined Sky very recently and thought i'd try their BB service. I currenty have NTL and found ...

knoxville is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Connecting BB

Hiya, I have joined Sky very recently and thought i'd try their BB service. I currenty have NTL and found out today that the Sky line is active.
      I have installed the software from Sky and plugged in the router but nothing works. I have connected it through ethernet cos the laptop isnt wireless. Whenever I try and access the internet I get page cannot be displayed and when I try and connect to the router (http://192.168.0.1/) I get the same error message.
      Its showing in Network connections that Local Area Connection 2 is connected aswell
      Can anyone tell me how to set this thing up?! I have also disabled all firewall and antivirus. I think its the computer because NTL doesnt connect through ethernet since I had to use it through USB because I had another PC connected to the ethernet port.

Thanks for any help.

Knoxville

2. Advertisement
      mikey4020 is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Halfway/WSHAL
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium (4th Aug)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      Sorry to sound stupid, but have you checked all the connections? Also make sure your router is plugged into a BT socket. If all this is in check then it may be a faulty router in which case you would need to get onto Sky. Also are you definitely sure that your Sky connection is active because my own was a week late in activation, dont trust the letter they send you to be right!

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Knoxville

Apart from what Mikey has said you should be able to access the router via the login address if thats failing then you could try a factory reset by putting a pin in the little hole at the back of the router and holding it in for about 10 seconds, all the lights should then vanish and then start flashing once all the lights return try logging in again.

Good luck.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here