Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

*Another* Wireless not working thread :)

This is a discussion on *Another* Wireless not working thread :) within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, im forwarning you that i am not a 'tech-geek' and that using all the wierd technical lingo will just ...

Tyler86 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

*Another* Wireless not working thread :)

Hi, im forwarning you that i am not a 'tech-geek' and that using all the wierd technical lingo will just get me more confused than i am

Basicly i've setup my router via the ethernet port to my home PC[1], the internet works - everything is fine (except that it keeps disconnecting and takes ages to load up...)

On my 2nd home PC, im using a BT Wireless USB Adapter. It picks up that there is a signal and receives the SSID, recognizes that there is a wireless modem etc...

I go to set-up the connection (on 2nd home PC) with the Network Key and everything seems to go fine...

However there things stop, I have an excellent connection, but my [Link Status] tab is just blank... nothing happening.

Im using the same Network Key, SSID, Channel, Network Authentication on both PCs, I've tried changing them to each of the other options which again resulted in nothing. I've changed the Network Key on my router settings (From Home PC[1]) and changed on my 2nd home PC.

I just cannot seem to get the connection established between them...

Any help would be greatly appreciated as right now there are too many people fighting over the PC :P

2. Advertisement
      Benny is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Edgware
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      When you go to network connections, on the left are 3 little windows..(a) network tasks (b) other places and (c) details .

When you highlight your wireless connection, what does it say under 'details' ? specifically really the IP address ..

should be something like 192.168.0.3

Amaboknaai is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01276 Camberley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus RT-AC68U
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Have you considered moving your USB adaptor to the PC which is working, disabling its own wireless adaptor and then trying to connect using the USB adaptor?