Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

I have a Q-Hub, and have just been sent another one... Are they identical?

This is a discussion on I have a Q-Hub, and have just been sent another one... Are they identical? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi there, I had my old router replaced with a Sky Hub last year - the dual band capability was ...

Dire is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I have a Q-Hub, and have just been sent another one... Are they identical?

Hi there,

I had my old router replaced with a Sky Hub last year - the dual band capability was what I really needed. Last week I finally signed up to Sky Q and found a new router waiting for me yesterday when I returned from work - with instructions to install it before the Q box installation.

My question is this - is this the same as the hub I already have? They look identical.

If so can I just leave the existing one in place rather than go through the hassle of installing a new one?

Cheers,

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,615 Posts

Re: I have a Q-Hub, and have just been sent another one... Are they identical?

Your old one will work exactly the same as the newer one. If you have been, or are going to be charged for the new one, send it back to Sky for a credit. Strictly speaking if you are not been charged for the new one, it is on loan and remains Sky's property, so you can't sell it. I don't know about the older one though, I suppose you could sell it and use the new one.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

Dire (09-01-19)

Dire is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thank you - I'll put it back in the box and give it to the installation engineer - I really don't fancy changing all those WiFi settings!

Thanks

I would be a bit wary handing it back to the installer, it is likely to disappear into neverland. For your own peace of mind send it back directly to Sky. If you are not being charged for it, there is no reason you shouldn't keep it, even as a backup just in case your existing one fails.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Sky send a hub out for free when you take up a new broadband contract or take up Sky Q. Its rare they apply the charge or delivery for it these days.
      I have quite a few that they have sent out like this.
      When I moved from sky fibre to max last year they sent one out, knowing that I already had a Sky Q hub, listed on my account.
      The Sky Q hub is yours to keep no matter what you do and even if you leave Sky broadband, there is no requirement to return it. Only the Sky Q main and mini boxes are required to be returned to Sky, as that kit is loaned to you.
      There are two Sky Q hubs, ER110 and ER115. The ER115 has an external power block. The ER115 was not capable of using the Sky Q powerline which has since been withdrawn. Other than that they are the same, but do run with differing firmware numbers.
      A new Sky Q hub is due to be launched soon.

Just leave your current Sky Q hub router running for when your engineer installs Sky Q and just keep the other as a spare.
      The engineer will just return the current one as part of the Sky recycle plan. Or you can do that yourself here
      https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics...ipment/recycle
      If you have an old Sky+ box, you can ask the engineer to recycle that. They used to pay you 10 for each box return, not sure if that still happens.

Thanks

The Sky Q hub is yours to keep no matter what you do and even if you leave Sky broadband, there is no requirement to return it. Only the Sky Q main and mini boxes are required to be returned to Sky, as that kit is loaned to you.
      Thanks for that. I always understood that when supplied as part of a Q package all the equipment you were given was loaned.

TomD

Useful Utilites