Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Q Router 110 Dropping WIFI

This is a discussion on Sky Q Router 110 Dropping WIFI within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi All Long time no post, hope everyone is well. I've just recently moved into a new-build property, and sadly ...

Pengwern is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNOSW
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Sky Q Router 110 Dropping WIFI

Hi All

Long time no post, hope everyone is well.

I've just recently moved into a new-build property, and sadly had to go back to Sky Broadband Unlimited, as there isn't sufficient Fibre capacity in the cab We ceased my Sky Account, and transferred the equipment from my partners address.

Now, I've found that on certain devices, whilst we are still showing as connected to WiFi, there is no throughput. This can be remedied by turning off the wifi on the client device and reconnecting. Normally I'd say that it was a problem with the device, but it is affecting too many devices, and my suspicions point to either the ER110 or the Sky Q mesh.

In the house we have Sky Q 2TB, 2 x Sky Q Mini's and 2 x Sky Q repeaters. Signal all over is perfect, although I haven't found a way to check how good the mesh is connecting. To be honest, I only use one of the repeaters to provide an ethernet port for my office!

Question 1) Are the ER110's locked to a specific account? I still have my ER110, and haven't been sent the box to return it yet. Can I swap them, and return hers, if it's faulty? In fact would the system even care if I swapped them to test out my theory that it is the Router to blame?

Question 2) Are there any documented issues with the Sky Q Mesh?? For instance, I have really bad mobile signal here, and use EE Wificalling. It might be coincidental, but I had a call dropout when I think I moved from one Access Point to the next.

Question 3) Would I be better just getting a different modem/router/wifi setup to replace the standard ER110? Something with VPN, decent scheduling, fantastic wifi coverage ... Pfsense or similar??? I'm quite happy to split out the components, to achieve best performance. Plus I'm keen to set much better time-schedules for the use use of playstations and tablet devices!! (Sneaky Kids!)

Thanks in advance.

2. Advertisement
      Pengwern is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNOSW
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Sky Q Router 110 Dropping WIFI

Oooh, and if changing kit, then her ladyship runs a business from home, so would be nice to have a totally separate SSID for her clients, which offers IP Separation.