Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagemcom Router

This is a discussion on Sagemcom Router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have had this router for 7 years now (doesn't seem to have a model number) and was wondering if ...

Stevielynn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sagemcom Router

I have had this router for 7 years now (doesn't seem to have a model number) and was wondering if it needs to be replaced with a newer one. Myself and the wife have a desktop each with a direct connection (wired) and at times we only get about 9 mb download speed which may be the norm. At the moment Fibre is not an option due to finances. Sometimes, when playing a game the fps drops and it becomes laggy. I also DJ occasionally in Second Life game so it becomes annoying when my music buffers.
      Any help or advice would be appreciated

Steve

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Sagemcom Router

You could probably do with a new router as yours is getting a bit long in the tooth. However that is unlikely to make much difference to your download speed, although it would very likely improve your wifi performance.

Please post your stats and we can give you an idea whether your speed is the best you could have. This page will show you how to do so. How to get your Sky Router statistics

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Apologies for taking so long over this but life got in the way.
      I spent 5 hrs yesterday in text chat with someone at Sky who didn't really listen to what I was saying so was frustrating. I cannot connect my router to the main socket in my small bungalow so it has been plugged into my second socket in the bedroom where both my wife and I have our desktops which are not wifi enabled. Up until the last month I never had a problem even before getting the sky extender box so my opninion is that the router itself is at fault. Internet connection has never been a problem although can be as slow as 8 mbps at times. It's just the loss of wifi in my lounge is the problem.
      Here is a link to my router status as of today: http://192.168.0.1/sky_router_status.html

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

The link you posted for your stats is on your local network which is not (and shouldn't be) available to anyone outside your home.

Thanks

Sorry, bur the link you gave will only take Sky users to their own router, not yours.

I would advise you to shop around and get yourself a new router. Just make sure you get an ADSL one, any make will do, depending on your budget.

It is usually a disadvantage to be plugged into a slave socket, but it may not be in your case. If you can plug your router into the Test socket and take your stats, compare these with where you are now. Post them if you are unsure what is the best.

How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket
      How to get your Sky Router statistics

If there is a substantial difference, you may want to consider buying a Homeplug circuit. This would allow you to plug the router into the best socket and have ethernet connections in your room.
      Best Powerline Adapters 2017: Powerline Reviews - Tech Advisor

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Ok will look into that and thanx for the help

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Sorry, bur the link you gave will only take Sky users to their own router, not yours.

I would advise you to shop around and get yourself a new router. Just make sure you get an ADSL one, any make will do, depending on your budget.

It is usually a disadvantage to be plugged into a slave socket, but it may not be in your case. If you can plug your router into the Test socket and take your stats, compare these with where you are now. Post them if you are unsure what is the best.

How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket
      How to get your Sky Router statistics

If there is a substantial difference, you may want to consider buying a Homeplug circuit. This would allow you to plug the router into the best socket and have ethernet connections in your room.
      Best Powerline Adapters 2017: Powerline Reviews - Tech Advisor
      I'm not "dissing" the customer but they probably are not the most tech savvy to be asking this question.
      Advising to get another ADSL router is not the best as if they want tech support from Sky they should get a new router from Sky.
      Sky Hub v3 will be 39 + 9.95 delivery.
      This could be less if they renew the broadband contract at the same time.

Unless they/you are on a discount for broadband then Fibre (if available) will only be 1.01 per month extra (for the first 18 months - it's on offer just now) and will give them the Hub v3 for free and if they've still got TV then if they register for Sky VIP then they will get free Fibre activation and Free delivery on the router.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post

Unless they/you are on a discount for broadband then Fibre (if available) will only be 1.01 per month extra (for the first 18 months - it's on offer just now) and will give them the Hub v3 for free and if they've still got TV then if they register for Sky VIP then they will get free Fibre activation and Free delivery on the router.
      Not that I disbelieve you, but when I upgraded to Fibre just 2 weeks ago they tried to charge me 99 for a new V3 router. I had to phone to get it take off my bill, its not worth anything near that.

TomD

Useful Utilites