Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Poor router Wifi Any advice?

This is a discussion on Poor router Wifi Any advice? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I've a household of 7 people, 5 of the 7 have a phone and other device, the other 2 have ...

Fozzr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0114
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Black Sky Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Poor router Wifi Any advice?

I've a household of 7 people, 5 of the 7 have a phone and other device, the other 2 have either tablet or iPod, all of which use the wifi, potentially 12 devices if everyone is at home together. my sky black hub randomly blocks connection or drops connection to devices even when everyone is not home. We have 2 boosters running at opposite ends of the house with the hub in the centre, the wifi signal indicator when devices are connected, show full strength, sky customer services couldn't really help other than to blame too many devices running. Am I over capacity with my devices? Is there a device I can add to fix or is sky not for our household's usage and if so any ideas who's hardware could support us?

2. Advertisement
      Angel_Rex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uckfield
      Broadband ISP: Zen FTTP
      Router: FRITZ!Box 3490
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Poor router Wifi Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzr View Post
      I've a household of 7 people, 5 of the 7 have a phone and other device, the other 2 have either tablet or iPod, all of which use the wifi, potentially 12 devices if everyone is at home together. my sky black hub randomly blocks connection or drops connection to devices even when everyone is not home. We have 2 boosters running at opposite ends of the house with the hub in the centre, the wifi signal indicator when devices are connected, show full strength, sky customer services couldn't really help other than to blame too many devices running. Am I over capacity with my devices? Is there a device I can add to fix or is sky not for our household's usage and if so any ideas who's hardware could support us?

Mine did exactly this and I got sick of my SR102 wifi and got a unifi : Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LITE UniFi AC1200 Simultaneous Dual-Band WiFi PoE Access Point w/ 3-Year Hosted Cloud Controller Service (1200Mbps AC)

This now happily runs about 20 devices on my home network and manages it much better.

Fozzr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0114
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Black Sky Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

That looks like a good bit of kit, is it SR102 compatible or does the router need replacing?

Angel_Rex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uckfield
      Broadband ISP: Zen FTTP
      Router: FRITZ!Box 3490
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzr View Post
      That looks like a good bit of kit, is it SR102 compatible or does the router need replacing?

You disable the wifi on the SR102 and plug the Ubiquiti into one of the lan ports. Thats it! I got mine with the free hosted cloud support so come pre configured - plug and play!