Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky netgear dg834gt

This is a discussion on Sky netgear dg834gt within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; looking for some help and advice! i've been running my netgear for about a month with 3 pcs connected over ...

beaker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Red face Sky netgear dg834gt

looking for some help and advice! i've been running my netgear for about a month with 3 pcs connected over the air. nice easy set up, fairly happy with connection levels up until a few days ago, where i can see my router listed but can't connect to it and the same goes for the other two pcs. i have rebooted via router interface and also by hard reset via back of router. none of this seemed to make a difference! any ideas?

2. Advertisement
      Amaboknaai is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01276 Camberley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus RT-AC68U
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      When you connect using Ethernet, remove the security settings (WPE / WEP - whichever you have set up) and try to connect wirelessly....if successful then you need to reconfigure your security settings. It not, then change the channel on your wireless to 8 or 6 and try? If not, then restore the defaults from the Sky CD...If then still not successful, report back to HQ and we'll try summat else...

beaker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

still no change

thanks for your ideas. have tried all the things you mentioned inc reload cd all with no success is there anyway to check to see if the netgear wireless is working in the first instance?

Amaboknaai is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01276 Camberley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus RT-AC68U
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      To be frank, if you have tried all of the above, it sounds as though it is your router. Inform Sky and they will send you a replacement - this might take a while....alternatively, you could follow a particular thread in the tech forum and "try" an alternative router.