Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

SR102 hub not connecting Apple TV to PC

This is a discussion on SR102 hub not connecting Apple TV to PC within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; This is puzzling me. I've had an Apple TV for a couple of years and it connects wirelessly to my ...

mccaba is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0141
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

SR102 hub not connecting Apple TV to PC

This is puzzling me.
      I've had an Apple TV for a couple of years and it connects wirelessly to my main PC where all my local iTunes files are. When I got my new SR102 hub, I set it up and everything worked as before. However, now when I try to access my PC files from the Apple TV, it tries for a while and then reports it cannot connect and I should check my PC and Apple TV are on the same network. Well they are and what's even stranger, during the Apple TV's attempt to connect it displays the correct name of my main PC on the network. Everything else works fine regards the ATV ie netflix, access to iTunes store etc so it's connected to the network OK.

I have my old Netgear router set up as an access point elsewhere in the house and if I point the ATV to that router, I can access all my iTunes stuff on the PC as normal. So it's only access via the hub that's failing. Worked before ...... puzzled !

Andrew

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: SR102 hub not connecting Apple TV to PC

I have a similar problem with the Sky+ App on my iPad and iPhone, it will no longer see my Sky box since I changed my router. Put the old router back everything works :-(

mccaba is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0141
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: SR102 hub not connecting Apple TV to PC

Just tried the Sky+ app on my Samsung and it works fine regardless of which router I connect to. Interesting tho that for both of us, it's Apple devices that are the issue. Maybe the techies on here can suggest what may be the problem.

Andrew