Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Unable to connect to Sky Netgear Box

This is a discussion on Unable to connect to Sky Netgear Box within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; We have had Sky Broadband since August time and actually have NO Broadband yet, however this is not my problem. ...

joshuar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unable to connect to Sky Netgear Box

We have had Sky Broadband since August time and actually have NO Broadband yet, however this is not my problem.

So on my Broadband box I have the power light on and the wireless light. That is all. This means I should be able to connect to the Broadband box. On my old laptop I had a wireless stick to allow me to connect to the network, this worked fine. I have now bought a new laptop with a built-in wireless card (Model: Marvell Libertas 802.11g/b Wireless) and am completley unable to connect to the broadband box. I use Windows Zero to manage the connection, so I put in my WPA code and it doesn't do anything, it just says Waiting for Network to be ready. I then installed the old wireless USB stick I used to use and that connected to the network fine.

What may be the problem? I have used the wireless connection with other networks, there isn't a problem with the signal as it is on full.

Any help will be much appreciated =]

2. Advertisement
      fredrex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: highway
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      same prob still waiting for connection but while waiting couldn't get box to connect to laptop. While the router was connected to desktop in router seetings changed security to WEP generated a 64 bit key and types this in on the laptop windows security. Worked OK. My only worry is that bearing in mind all the reboots people have to do when connected security will keep changing back to WPA settings.

joshuar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

edit: i managed to turn off security but it wouldnt connect. i have since formatted my laptop and the router to factory settings and it still wont connect to it.

anybody have any ideas on how it can be solved?
      Last edited by joshuar; 25-10-06 at 04:00 PM.

jtumath is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wallasey 0151 639 xxxx
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by joshuar View Post
      edit: i managed to turn off security but it wouldnt connect. i have since formatted my laptop and the router to factory settings and it still wont connect to it.

anybody have any ideas on how it can be solved?

I had to turn off security BUT added my laptops mac to the
      WIRELEES STATION ACCESS LIST
      John..