Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

router start page

This is a discussion on router start page within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Would anyone know a reason why i cannot access this page. The one you type in to access the router ...

Benny is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Edgware
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

router start page

Would anyone know a reason why i cannot access this page. The one you type in to access the router start page aka http://192.168.0.1 using LAN ?, if i go to cmd Run and type ping 192.168.0.1 it shows about 1ms delay, so seems to be getting a resonse. Also the Lan card (netgear gigabit pci adapter GA311) shows no real problem connecting to it.. usually the icon in the system tray for this card is about half the height if its not connected compared to the icon representing a connected card.

Anyway, failing this, i connected it via the WG111t card and that also gives me the same problem (after i ran the TCP optimizer mentioned elsewhere in this forum) . Resetting the optimizer to my original settings and the wg111t could once again access this router home page.

The other thing, my bios.. i wanted to enable the onboard LAN , just to check it wasn't the netgear GA311 at fault but it doesnt give me the option to do it. Is there a bios 'key' that you need to hit to enable you to access more options?, i have an asus motherboard .

Thanks in advance

Benny

I have the setting in router at auto 108 and UPnP disabled
      Last edited by Benny; 23-10-06 at 07:43 PM. Reason: To add the auto 108 amendment

2. Advertisement
      spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Are you putting in the right U/Name & P/W?
      User=admin
      P/Word=sky

or try 192.168.0.2

Benny is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Edgware
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I cannot get as far as entering the password, that little window seems to be part of the router start page that i cannot access. (

have tried 0.2, and 0.3 , no luck (

What i get , is the page you'd expect to see if trying to access the internet with no connection, 404 error type thing .

Ive had more than enough with trying to find out how to access hidden settings in the bios, youd think merely wanting to enable or not your onboard LAN would not require arcane knowledge of hidden keyboard sequences to open up the option on such a mundane feature . So, just get a new card i guess, and not a netgear one .

depressed with it all and miss my old days of simple reliable claranet connection.
      Last edited by Benny; 24-10-06 at 01:50 AM.

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Try a router reset (poke a pen tip in the little hole below where the power cord plugs in). This will put the router back to the default state.

spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Thanks
      Check your proxy settings.Tools-Internet options-Connections-make sure the boxes are unticked,if I'm right that might be it.