Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Still Having Problems

This is a discussion on Still Having Problems within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Well I;m back, and have been having disconnects daily since we were connected over a month ago. I used ther ...

Manson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Still Having Problems

Well I;m back, and have been having disconnects daily since we were connected over a month ago.

I used ther digital spy tweak altering the noise margin stats and this seems to stabalize the connection somewhat (without it I go offline every 10- 20 minutes - randomly) and yes I have upnp DISABLED.

Since then sky have claimed to "cap" my line as they think it was going too fast for my line.. which I suggested at the start but took them a month to do anyway ...

Strange thing is the daily diconnects now are almost timed... I have noted the time over the past week or 2.. these are justsome, it has done this every day bar 1 or 2.

10/10 - 6.35pm
      12/10 - 6.40pm
      14/10 - 6.20pm
      15/10 - 6.21pm
      16/10 - 6.46pm
      20/10 - 6.50pm
      21/10 - 6.47pm
      22/10 - 6.23pm

After this I have to restart router and re enter the tweak.

Someone suggested it was power surges in the area from street lights, phone, power etc... but we cannot work out what .. its not our heater, not street lights seems to come on before (although our exchange is 1 town over.. not sure of lights there).

So if this was the case .. who and how could we ask to try figure it out? BT?

Thanks for any help .. Stuck with these clowns for 12 months now

Looking at my Connection stats at the moment while I'm still stable .. my speed shows
      Connection Speed 3552 kbps 768 kbps

I have concluded my line can handle 2mb via various line tests, should this be 2000 kbs? Sky said they capped it but tbh, I havent seen that number change much .. the tweak lowers it a bit, is 4000 without it. I am beginning to think they never capped it just said they did ...
      Last edited by Manson; 23-10-06 at 02:04 PM.

2. Advertisement
      bardo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Long shot but as no-one else has replied .... on my old DG834G, which I used with Eclipse ISP, I would get disconnections every time any of my phones were used, even after replacing the ADSL filters. Must admit I haven't had this since moving onto the DG834GT as it seems to be a bit more resilient, but it's a possibility. Or anything your neighbours are doing at this time? Maybe their heating coming on!

Shadow UK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newbury
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Manson are you using your router via wireles or wired?

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It is wired directly to this computer.

@Bardo - So it is a possiblity to use a different router then this cheap thing sky gave me?

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      You need access to the restricted "Tech" forum.

Send a blank email to access@skyuser.co.uk and you'll get access details by return.

You'll find the info you're looking for there.

contraste is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bloomsbury aka Howland St
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Off subject I know but I can't understand why anyone would use a picture of a deranged, sick and evil psycho (implicated in the murder of Roman Polanski's pregnant wife amongst others) as their avatar.

*Edited to be more precise about the nature of the notorious and detested (by those of us old enough to remember the actual case) criminal Charles Manson. Although not at the scene of the killings, Manson was convicted on seven counts of murder and one of conspiracy to commit murder, he was sentenced to life imprisonment for his involvement in the appalling and brutal death of Sharon Tate and Leno and Rosemary LaBianca and is still serving time in prison. He is eligible for parole in 2007 when he will be 73.

My initial repulsion at seeing his image in this innocuous setting remains and needs no edit.
      Last edited by contraste; 28-10-06 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Clarity and veracity.

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

@Contraste - Off the subjest indeed and lets not let this escelate into a debate but that was never proved, Manson was never jailed for murder.. he was never accused of murder, he was arrested for his extreme beleifs and that people feared him with all this media calling him a "hypnotic serial killer who brainwashed kids into killing" - people get lead into beleiving it - even though most arent even old enough to remember it.

Probaly not of interest to you but search about the trials.. he was never actually convicted or accused of murder in court ... the murder claims were all the media.
      ###########

Anyway back to the subject - I have access to the privte forums but never found anything useful .. and I have also phoned Easynet.com who have already replied to me and are going to try capping my line (which was my initial idea to sky but they ignored me) so fingers crossed there.

Current speed 3000-4000 kbs / line strength 2mb

Will let you know of the progress with them

Saiyan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Luton
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I used ther digital spy tweak altering the noise margin stats
      what digital spy tweak? - Can I get it ?

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Its in the tech forums and I seem to remember not being allowed to post it in open forums ... check your messages.

Saiyan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Luton
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Manson View Post
      Its in the tech forums and I seem to remember not being allowed to post it in open forums ... check your messages.

Thanks
      I'll be checking it out soooon.. =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast