Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Still Having Problems

This is a discussion on Still Having Problems within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Testing it today Well I have heard from T3 again and they have informed me they have capped my line ...

Manson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Testing it today

Well I have heard from T3 again and they have informed me they have capped my line to 2.5 mb and asked me to monitor it closely for the next few days.

So today I am attempting to run WITHOUT the digital spy snr tweak and will see how it goes. I have also bought a Belkin Surge Protector to stop any power surges that was also suspected to kill my connection (protects Power and DSL connection)... with these 2 new factors I am hoping it will fix it for good ...

Will update you all later with any results.

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well this have finally fixed it ...

FINALLY got through to T3/ Easy net and they were so helpful I couldnt beleive these guys worked for the same company I have been arguing with for months.

They capped my line to 2.5 MB and all was good, stable with NO DISCONNECTS..

Next prob .... the cap has "vanished" today, and am back to 4.4mb and unstable ...

Does ANYONE here, have a good experience getting through to the right people at sky? I just get some ditzy scottish lass telling me to reset my box or some oriental mumbling to check my filters ... why o why is T3 IMPOSSIBLE to reach .. They gave me a ticket number to contact them again with news of my connection but the sky people wont connect me to them .. just give me a new number and put me back in the list..

Barolo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Isleworth, Middlesex
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I had two call backs from 2nd / 3rd level and they said that they had made some adjustments, which stabilised it for a week or two, and then I am having to reset the router most days again !

I think I have the same issue as you as I paid for the "up to 16mb package", and I get 3.2mb when it is working.

I guess from reading your thread the surge protector plug didn't make any difference ?

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No the surge protecter didnt seem to have such a good impact, but capping the speed to a level that your phone line can take did the trick.

Got it recapped today and all is good so far ... gain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12