Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Error 300

This is a discussion on Error 300 within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I hope that someone will be able to help me on this one as my problem makes no sense at ...

asdavies is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Error 300

I hope that someone will be able to help me on this one as my problem makes no sense at all (well it does if the my new router is a duff one).

I have just recieved a new router (the wireless connection on the old router broke but I could still use the router if I connected by wire).

I swapped over the routers and connected to the router to change a few options, no problems yet.

Now I come to connect to the internet and there is no ip address under the ADSL options and I cannot connect to the internet. Very strange as I was connect a few minutes ago with the old router.

I then swap back to my old router, no problems the internet is working fine.

Swapped back to the new router and no internet again.

I have clicked on the disconnect/connect and run the sky test but I never get a connection with this new router, all I get is error 300 from the sky test.

I have reset the router/computer etc. etc. and talked to tech support and now been passed to the next level of support (the person that doesn't read from a set script) and still waiting.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards

Steve...

2. Advertisement
      Scrubbless is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Benfleet, Essex
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Your ADSL login and password is unique to the router, linked to the Mac address of the router.

Maybe the exchange does not have the new router's Username and password active yet. Its just speculation and really all in Sky's hands.

asdavies is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I should have posted a reply to this a few days ago but I'm just lazy.

Scrubbless was perfectly correct and the router worked fine the next day, the router had just not been activated at the sky end.

It would have been very useful if the sky technical team ( or the I can read from a set script team ) understood the way their routers work which would have saved me an hour on the phone and much frustration.

Regards

Steve...

LNB
      LNB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Padgate LVPAD
      Broadband ISP: Connect at 5 per month
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      For future reference, did your new router just spring to life, or did it need any intervention by SKY?
      Service recovery 02392 899292

You got 3 right!
      D'oh! Not good, dude.

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      the router normally send us its activation info but in some cases agents are having to manualy enter this info, its not a normal process technical deal with its more a cs issue.