Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Why does my F@ST2504n, keep my iPhone awake?

This is a discussion on Why does my F@ST2504n, keep my iPhone awake? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Alittle while ago I noticed my iPhone battery was running low (to 85% from full) over night much faster than ...

solidstan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Why does my F@ST2504n, keep my iPhone awake?

Alittle while ago I noticed my iPhone battery was running low (to 85% from full) over night much faster than it used to. Initially I put this down to a tired battery not able to hold its charge like it used to.
      Recently I installed a "Light Mod Kit".

I noticed, every time I was at home, this "Mod Light" was always on, but other locations, even when I was connected to a router, the light would go out.
      When I was home I disconnected from my F@ST2504n network and the light went out after a short while.

I decided to experiment, and and re-setup my old but still working sky netgear router.
      As my phone is connected to my PC and charging most of the evening, when I go to bed it is fully charged and has no need to be charged while I sleep.

So from fully charged and connected to my netgear router, the mod light goes out, and by the morning my battery has a very healthy 98%-99% charge remaining.

Im sure I can conclude the reason for this mod light staying on, and my battery drained by 15% by morning is because the F@ST2504n is keeping my WiFi alive for some reason.

Any ideas why this could be happening?
      Thanks in advance..

2. Advertisement
      speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Why does my F@ST2504n, keep my iPhone awake?

I have noticed this problem too, since replacing my old Netgear V1 router with the 2504n when I upgraded to Sky Fibre Unlimited. However, I am *not* using the wireless on the 2504n as I have a separate wireless access point (which I was using before the fibre upgrade and was not seeing the fast battery drain problem). I think it's something to do with the DHCP server in the 2504n but as yet I haven't had time to capture and analyse what traffic is passing over the LAN.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)