Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Port Forwarding help

This is a discussion on Port Forwarding help within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Having a few issues trying to forward some ports (or just one really, 3658) on the Sagem 2504. I've tried ...

Dougs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Port Forwarding help

Having a few issues trying to forward some ports (or just one really, 3658) on the Sagem 2504. I've tried to use the general guide for the router on Portforward.com, but I think the firmware is different, so the menus don't always match up and despite thinking I've set it up correctly, I still can't ping that port. Grateful for any advice?

I would grumble about not being able to use my Netgear, but I won't. Much!

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

The Sagem router has been cracked so you could quite easily get the username and password from it and use your Netgear

Dougs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Ah cheers, had thought about that. The only reason I was holding off was because of the new VOD service which "apparently" you need to be using a Sky approved router. That might be nonsense though.

I'll google now...

kwood989 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Nottingham
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I'm having problems configuring port forwarding on a Sky Sagem router to a Buffalo Linkstation Pro. I have set up a service (Security > Services) called NAS and told it to use TCP/UDP Start Port:9000, Finnish Port:9000, as the Buffalo Linkstation uses port 9000 as its internal port for its Web Access feature which let you see your files from the web.

I added a firewall rule to allow traffic using the service I created and forward it to 192.168.0.2, which is the address of the Buffalo Drive. I can access the drive from my home network, and externally if I type the IP address of router it takes me to the Buffalo Linkstations admin page.

However to access the Web Access feature you are supposed to got to Buffalo WebAccess and type the name of your drive. The website effectively forwards you to port 9000 (or which ever port address you setup on the Buffalo drive) on your routers IP address. At this point I get a '403 - Forbidden Port' error, although when I use a port scanning software it says that port 9000 is open on my router.

As a side note I can't remote manage my router either (port 8080), as that gives a 'Bad Gateway' error, even though I enabled this feature on the router.

I tried using one of the predefined service rules and accepting all TCP traffic through the firewall (purely as a test, and I put it back after!!) and still got the same results. Bizarrely though I can FTP to it though, even though I shouldn't be able to under the routers current configuration. Is there something wrong with my router or I missing something obvious .... any help would be much appreciated!!
      Last edited by kwood989; 26-01-11 at 06:12 PM. Reason: typo

kwood989 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Nottingham
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

All sorted out now!!

Richard Mansell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01344
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

how did you resolve this problem as i am experiencing exactly the same thing. the thread of conversation seems to stop at the essential part for me to fix the problem.

gbrevern is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: None - Freeview
      Thanks

My router is Sagem 2304 not 2504 - Selection not available yet so I've selected 2504.....

Connection isn't live yet - should be on Monday.

At the moment I'm on Talk Talk using a Linksys router which allows me to translete PORTS as well as IPs like this using my own choice of port numbers to disguise open ports.......... (Using colon notation - IP:Port)

OuterIP:64020 => 192.168.123.20:80 - ie web to inner IP 20
      OuterIP:64021 => 192.168.123.21:80 - ie web to inner IP 21
      OuterIP:63021 => 192.168.123.21:23 - ie telnet to same machine

So pointing a browser at MyHomeOuterIP:64021 (via DynDNS) gets me the web page at 192.168.123.21, telnetting to same IP port 63021 telnets to it etc etc....

Looking at the NAT etc settings on the Sagem it looks as though the port on the outside has to be the same as the port inside - only the IP is translated.

I've got quite a few such translations setup so I don't really want to change my whole network. If the sky router can't do this I'll have to put an internal router on a DMZ defined on the sky router then use this 'inner' router as the firewall.

Anyone know any different ? - does the latest Sky firmware push 'fix' this limitation ? Am I going to have to get my ADSL user / password ? Does the site that gves these from MAC / Wireless Key work for 2304s on the same button that says 2504 ?

Does Sky have to 'train' my line for 10 days with the Sagem before I can change to something better ?

newm is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Hi all
      does any one know if the new sky d-link router is able to port forward? thanks for any input

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Does the site that gves these from MAC / Wireless Key work for 2304s on the same button that says 2504 ?
      Yes.

Does Sky have to 'train' my line for 10 days with the Sagem before I can change to something better ?
      We usually recommend you use the Sky router to train for the simple reason that if you do have problems, you can call Sky with no worries. If you use your own router you should change it for the Sky one before calling Sky.

does any one know if the new sky d-link router is able to port forward?
      All of the Sky routers are capable of simple port forwarding.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Downsey77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eltham
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Hi,

First time poster here seeking a bit of help with port forwarding on the sagem 2504 for an ip camera.

I have followed all the tutorials and set up the appropriate service, and incoming firewall rule to allow access to port 81 to led to the ip cam on 192.168.1.126

I have also set up a dyndns host and entered it into the router and it appears to work fine. When I type my host name in I access the router login page, which I believe is correct. If I type the hostname followed by :81 it goes straight to my ip camera.

So everything appears to be rosy when logging in internally to my wifi network. However as soon as I try and access via 3G I just get a blank screen.

I've tried a few of the online port checkers and they say the port is closed, even though I've followed all the steps to open it.

Have tried altering the camera's port from 81 to 85 but this made no difference.

Has anyone on here successfully forwarded to Port 81 of could suggest anything else I need to try.

I did change my routers ip from the default to 192.168.1.100 to get a d-link repeater to work previously, this wouldn't have any effect?

Regards,

Aaron.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)