Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

router dead?

This is a discussion on router dead? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; anyone had this prob before? my line is due to go active on the 10th. i got the router through ...

butty is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

router dead?

anyone had this prob before? my line is due to go active on the 10th. i got the router through a few days ago and have had it plugged in since and jus been waitin for my tinternet light to come on

anyways i did notice that it was getting pretty hot. it doesnt help that my houe is like a furnace and i ddint read the tips about standing it on its legs so its just been on its belly on the carpet

anyways today ive checked and all the lights have gone off. hmm i thought so i unplugged it n plugged it back in again. the numbers 1,2,3 and 4 light up briefly then they all go off again

any ideas as to what it could be or does it sound like its dead? could it be something to do with the line not being active yet?

if i ring sky i aint gonna get very far with em as its not been my activation date but if its a dead router id rather not be waiting n could get one sent in the mean time

any help appreciated

cheers

2. Advertisement
      Hornet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne, SDESTBR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Billion Bipac 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      hmm well if no lights come on I would say it's dead as the power light should come on and the wireless light atleast.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site butty

It does sound as though its fried itself but to know for sure leave it off and try it again tomorrow and it there are still no lights on call SkyBB and tell them, they should arrange for a new one to be sent to you and you can send the other one back with the return label in the box.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

butty is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

thanks for the help guys. i emailed sky n told em it was mashed. so they sent another un out within a couple of days which was good of em. connected now but speeds are sh!te jus gonna bob over to your speed forum n do the next post now lol

nice one