Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not Connected!

This is a discussion on Not Connected! within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Thank you Chris I think my problem is I am not connected yet and Sky Can't Be bothered to tell ...

Russdf1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: catford
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thank you Chris I think my problem is I am not connected yet and Sky Can't Be bothered to tell me

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thast why I asked for the router stats Russ
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Russdf1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: catford
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

sorry I have unplugged it now but with my old router allowing me access can only assume that this would not be possible if sky was on the line as apposed to Virgin. thank you anway, am hunting for a customer service number is there a freephone number as I expect a hefty queue

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Go here you will find all kinds of number http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/a/
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

ChrisE is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Wheelie

There is a point here the printed Sky set up guide (and IIRC the CD) implies that a solid green "internet" light means a Sky service is live which is incorrect as far as I can see as my router detected the BT service I had before the switch over (ie the green light shows that there is an ADSL service is on the line). Of course the sky router could not actually log on as the user and password details were wrong. What alerted that to me was the absence of an external IP address on the routers details page.

As far as I can see in all the excellent material on this site that point is not covered. I could be wrong as I have been many times in the past.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      You are correct if the router and that goes for any router detects a live connection when its connected to the DSlam the light will go either flashing orange or green and the reason it says that is a lot of people who sign up will have little or no idea what a router is and for quite a few I would imagine this will be there first taste of ADSL, if the line is connected when BT say it will be the nobody would have any problems and it would be plug in and play so to speak.
      Ray

click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12