Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Problems with Sagem Router

This is a discussion on Problems with Sagem Router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hey everyone, first time poster here! So, here's the situation. We recieved the new Sagem modem with our Sky Broadband ...

Gormley1080 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Problems with Sagem Router

Hey everyone, first time poster here!

So, here's the situation. We recieved the new Sagem modem with our Sky Broadband deal, and pre-set it up to have everything ready for when the connection date arrived. Today, we've been connected, but the modem's been showing signs of it possibly being faulty.

If one restarts the modem (which we've had to do quite often), it's possible to connect to the wireless network and to the internet. After about 15-20 mins of usage, either the internet will go down (as will the light on the router), or the wireless network will go down (as will the light on the router). It's still possible to see the network, but I'm getting a "Can't connect to (SSID)" message each time. It's at this point we've had to restart the router, and the cycle repeats itself.

I've tried replacing the wires and microfilters with different ones, and still no luck. I've also tried going into the router and changing the channel to different ones, as there are a number of networks in the area, but once again it still goes down.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? I'd really appreciate anyone who could possibly give me an alternative way to get around this without having to wait another week for Sky to send me out another modem. Not their fault, I suppose, but i've just waited a week for them to connect the line, and had to wait several weeks before that for them to send out someone to install a line onto the premises. Getting a tad impatient now :P

Cheers everyone!

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Problems with Sagem Router

Do you have one of the new Sagems? There are reports of some of them being faulty out of the box.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

Gormley1080 (12-03-11),isthisthingon (11-03-11)

Exchange:
      Thanks

I believe so. We ordered the package that Sky were recently advertising...the whole "Never-Ever-After" bull. Everything's been pretty much ordered since about the 17th/18th Feb, so I'd imagine it's the most recent version of the router. Have there been many reports, and have Sky made any comment on it?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gormley1080 For This Useful Post:

isthisthingon (11-03-11)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Also, is this going to screw up the 10-Day period when you're supposed to keep the Router on in order for it to properly sync the line up?

buddbuttocks is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: None
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gormley1080 View Post
      Also, is this going to screw up the 10-Day period when you're supposed to keep the Router on in order for it to properly sync the line up?
      Possibly. It doesn't always take 10 days. If the line has been good so far, chances are DLM has already set it to a reasonable speed. Worst case, you'll just have to ring up and get someone to reconfigure and/or restart stabilization.

I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gormley1080 View Post
      There has been issues with some of the new routers so you could have got a faulty one.

Even if it does affect DLM it can be re-ran to get the best out of the line.
      Links Router Stats Useful Tutorials Speed Test Check For Test Socket Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Results from http://www.speed.io (Copied on 2011-04-08 16:36:58)
      Download: 50000 Kbit/s Upload : 4361 kbit/s Connects : 2446 conn/min Ping: 21 ms

10. The Following User Says Thank You to I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers For This Useful Post:

isthisthingon (11-03-11)

isthisthingon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01942
      Thanks

I went live a couple of days ago with a Sagemcom F@ST2304 router. These look like mini black Sky set-top boxes. I lose all connectivity both ethernet & wireless at random intervals. In such circumstances all the requisite lights on the router are steady and green. I'm convinced it is a faulty unit. Rang Sky for support and was asked a series of questions and treated like a novice. It even dropped out while on the phone to their support. Threatened to cancel. Was passed to cancellations then offered a replacement router. Don't know whether I'll get the same model. They only provide 2 models, the other is a D-Link which I think may be a bit better. Great shame as I have a brilliant Draytek Vigor 2800G that has never let me down in 4 years now sat on a shelf. I don't know whether I can spoof using the Password Generator Utility for the F@ST2504. No option is presented for the 2304. I suppose the proof of the pudding may be in the eating. I'll try to post updates. For those struggling with the new routers. It's likely not you... Honest!
      Last edited by isthisthingon; 12-03-11 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Clarity

Thanks

OK. Sagemcom locked-up again at midnight. Unplugged unit. Connected up the trusty 2800G minus phone line. Reconfigured with spoofed details and other settings from this site. I'm also presenting the Sagemcom's MAC address on my router. Connected line and we're back up and running straight away.

Now let's see if the connection drops!

May be at the mercy of DLM though, which tech support confirmed was running. There was no guidance my limited reading of this site on modulation settings. I originally settled on using G.DMT modulation as this sync's fastest (both up & down). The SNR is higher at 8.0 as opposed to 6.5 at ADSL2+Auto(G.992.5). I'll try both over the weekend and will post updates over the weekend. An hour and a half with no issues whatsoever. I've decided to leave it overnight on ADSL2+Auto(G.992.5) after reading other threads on this site suggesting that this may be more compatible with the DLM test software.
      Last edited by isthisthingon; 12-03-11 at 01:27 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to isthisthingon For This Useful Post:

Gormley1080 (12-03-11)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Massive thank-you's to those who have responded, you've given me a good insight into what problems there may be.

However, I still have no definative reason as to why this has happened. I'll call Sky tomorrow and find out what they think of the situation. I also intend to post the results of the conversation on here, because I have a funny feeling that I may be a drop in a very large ocean of new users who are quite upset at this problem. I've searched up this problem many times and this is the only place which seems to have any information on this new router, and to be quite honest, has not been quite specifc to my problem. Newbies hoping for a quick fix may be somewhat nervous to post their problem, so I hope this thread succeeds in helping a number of new users get to grips with their new hardware.

Hopefully, some users can help us out, and we'll get a proper answer soon.

Once again, thanks again for the help!

Thanks

Left everything overnight and came down this morning to find the Draytek had remained connected all night and is working fine.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast