Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

D-Link Router Dropping Connection

This is a discussion on D-Link Router Dropping Connection within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, Could anybody help with an issue i am having with the sky D-Link router, Basically what happens is the ...

Liam89 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: West Auckland
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

D-Link Router Dropping Connection

Hi,
      Could anybody help with an issue i am having with the sky D-Link router,
      Basically what happens is the internet connection keeps dropping every 20minutes or so,
      The green internet light goes off then after a few seconds it will start flashing orange and go back to solid green then i am able to reconnect to the net
      This happens 10-12 times a day,
      And this is the second D-Link router from sky,
      My old black netgear router i still have stays connected all the time no issues.
      Thanks in advance.
      Liam.

2. Advertisement
      fuzzy logic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: D-Link Router Dropping Connection

There's a couple of threads on here (that I've seen) reporting the same/similar problem, and both users were on Sky connect. I suspect there might be an issue with the d-link - that either the broadcom chip or firmware isn't compatible with one of the msan / DSLAMs used by BT, or there's a bug in the firmware causing it to ignore the target margin sent by the dslam so it always syncs around 6db which wouldn't affect Sky Connect users on good noise free lines, or any unbundled users (as sky's DLM caps sync rate instead).

see:-

New to SKY!! NO BROADBAND!

If you have an NTE5 master socket, you could try the router in your BT test socket behind the split faceplate, to see if the problem goes away, in which case you'd be well advised to fit a filtered faceplate, or disconnect the ring wire.

I would also suggest contacting sky to see if they'll send you a non-d-link router, or if I'm right they might have a firmware update available by now.

Also could post your stats from the Netgear and one of the D-link routers.
      Last edited by fuzzy logic; 13-01-11 at 06:00 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fuzzy logic For This Useful Post:

Liam89 (13-01-11)