Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Going back to sky BB

This is a discussion on Going back to sky BB within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; probably.... Quick question, i was told by a mate that Sky are testing a gigabity N router and if you ...

bigmike20vt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01440
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk Fibre
      Router:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Arrow Going back to sky BB

probably....

Quick question, i was told by a mate that Sky are testing a gigabity N router and if you ask very nicely you can get put on the trial.

is there any truth in this & if so what is the model number of the router for me to try to ask for?

thanks

m.

Edit
      DAGNAMMIT!

What is it with sales people lying, I would be fired if i was caught in a lie at work.

So i had a cold caller from sky phone 2 days back saying come back to us. I was busy at the time but said i would come back if i could get a free router, he said no problem get a migration code and call back.

I phoned up this morning, and the woman on the phone said, because I have already had a router (it has packed up) I have to pay for a new one.

After the talk talk fiasco of being promised unlimited connection and NO p2p throttling and being put on a 40gb limit and terrible download speed I hoped going back to sky would be better but it seems they are just as bad.

I know i could just pony up the money for a new router but to promise it on the phone, then when i am about to leave my provider U turn should not be allowed.

SO cheesed off.
      Last edited by bigmike20vt; 12-01-11 at 09:44 AM.
      Fiat Coupe. Gone but not forgotten

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Going back to sky BB

Any trials for new routers tend to be staff trials, so you won't get on that...

As for new router, it's bad but it's how Sky works. First one free, replacements free if in warranty, pay for a new one if you're not. Not a lot you can do other than complain and see if they'll waive the cost
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

bigmike20vt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01440
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk Fibre
      Router:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Yeah that is fair enough i guess, it is the fact that a cold caller (i did not even instigate it) promised one which got me thinking about leaving only for them to back track on the offer which bugs me.
      Fiat Coupe. Gone but not forgotten

boothy_08 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Oldham
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media 120Mbps
      Router: Superhub 2 VM
      Sky TV: Freeview TV
      Thanks

I have always been sent a new router for free when one stops working ..... i have had 4 sky routers ..... the netgear, 2 sagems and a d - link

irradiated is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: workington
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

just tell them the old one went in the bin, you want to be treated as a new customer and as such would get a new router, 12 month tie in etc. to be made/forced to use an old router would surely mean your not tied into a 12 month min contract
      afterall they cost peanuts so not sure why they even care
      Connection Speed 7302 kbps 963 kbps
      Line Attenuation 47 db 27 db
      Noise Margin 6 db 7 db

ithompson72 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chichester
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I came back to Sky very recently. When I ordered via the website it said I would be sent a package with the router. The day came for my broadband to switch and no router. Rang sky and they said I should use the existing router - told them I didn't have it as it was 3 years since I was last with them.

They agreed there and then to send a new router, no charge.

I also sent an email to complaints to say their email shouldn't have said a router would be sent when clearly it wouldn't. Had a response back with an apology and a credit of 12.50 for the inconvenience.

So, I would say if you talk to the right person you should be able to get a free router out of them.