Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Router / Belkin N Q's

This is a discussion on Sky Router / Belkin N Q's within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hello, So I have to say this forum has been fantastic at answering some of my router questions, and very ...

trademark is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Boreham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Post Sky Router / Belkin N Q's

Hello,

So I have to say this forum has been fantastic at answering some of my router questions, and very informative, but I have just a couple of questions I want to ask before I make any desions based on the information I have found.

I would like to run my Sky Netgear router as well as a Belkin Wireless N router, or N1.

Reason being is that my Sky router is in my office and I now want to hook up my Sony Blu-Ray and Xbox to the www, but neither are Wi-Fi enabled. So I can either use a Buffalo or Belkin Wi-Fi bridge or go for broke and hard wire them via Ethernet cable's to a second router. The Wi-Fi bridge seems the easiest option, but I think I would prefer the hardwire.

I also have my Sky username and password.

My questions are:

1. If I go for two routers I presume I disconnect the Netgear hook up the Belkin and add the username and password? if so, where about's do I look to do this on the Belkin?.

2. Should they be used at the same time, or is this a no no, one on at a time depending on what i'm doing.

3. Will this in anyway affect the Netgear box, I think not, but thought I should ask.

That's it.

Thx
      TM

2. Advertisement
      trademark is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Boreham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Router / Belkin N Q's

Also. Could I buy another sky router and just update it with my current username and password?