Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cannot Connect to Sagem Router

This is a discussion on Cannot Connect to Sagem Router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi Guys. My sister recently had Sky installed at a new build property and has the Sky TV package and ...

omen666 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Cannot Connect to Sagem Router

Hi Guys.

My sister recently had Sky installed at a new build property and has the Sky TV package and Sky Phone package along with Broadband Max package.

Now she has had a Sagem router dispatched and tried to go through the disc process as she is nt technically minded.

Anyway I am 15 years working in the IT field and a router is a piece of, well you get my drift.

I have connected turned the router on and cannot see any relative SSID for it. There is only one LED alight and that is the power light.

I have therefore connected via Ethernet and do not get a link light for it nor do I get a valid IP addy from it.

I have therefore reset the box by putting in a paperclip and pressing the reset down and holding it down continuously for upto 30 seconds as the LED's do not respond to the reset. I still cacnnot connect to it and dont get any IP addy from it at all.

I have rebooted the box whilst holding the reset button down and full powered cycled it with the reset button down but it doesn't seem to want to reset.

My question is this, is there a particular way it should be reset? What I have done is pretty standard and should have reset it allowing me to get a IP and then configure accordingly.

Are these often DOA? Why wont it reset?

All help appreciated

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Re: Cannot Connect to Sagem Router

If only one led is lit then something is up. Sounds like faulty router and probably a transit impact issue. It probably won't reset as it's most likely a hardware failure not a firmware failure.

omen666 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

That is what I was thinking that it is DOA. I can't see anything my sister did with the setup disc hampering the reset function and can only see it being hardware related.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

The CD just installs the firewall etc if wanted and puts an icon on the desktop. The reset is a hardware/ firmware situation and if the router is not lighting up properly in the first place odds are it has failed.