Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cannot connect wireless

This is a discussion on Cannot connect wireless within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I am doing this on behalf of my sister-in-law, so please bear with me! She had sky installed 2+months ago ...

scouser_4_eva is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01253367105
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Cannot connect wireless

I am doing this on behalf of my sister-in-law, so please bear with me!

She had sky installed 2+months ago and ever since has not been able to connect to the internet wirelessly, but can when wired through the ethernet cable. We have no tried 3 different laptops but none sucessful, its also unlikely to be the router as they sent anther router and this doesnt work either.

we have been on the phone serveral times for an hr and a half, we no help whatsoever from sky and not even able to cancel the conract.

i go into available internet connections and the sagem sky router cannot be found most of the time, on rare occassions its poped up in the available connections, so ive clicked on it, entered the network key and its not connected, its taken up through the troubleshooting problems which have not worked. when i have seen it come up it has a full signal (5 bars).

any ideas?

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Cannot connect wireless

Try changing the channel number on the router, try 13 as this should be less used.

Also ensure you are entering the key correctly, you could just turn off the security to test it, if it works then you know you are inputting it wrong.