Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

cant connect belkin wifi phone

This is a discussion on cant connect belkin wifi phone within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Ok so I bought my dad a belkin skype phone for crimbo which I tested out at home on my ...

dacons is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: ottershaw
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD le
      Thanks

cant connect belkin wifi phone

Ok so I bought my dad a belkin skype phone for crimbo which I tested out at home on my netgear router and it worked a dream so I gave it to him today and proceded after a full reset to get it setup but I am having trouble connecting to his new sky d-link router I select network then give it the key thats on a card sky provided to which it just responds cannot connect I also tried another password that he had written on the back of the card and it says something like there was no IP addressed asigned for this unit.
      Ive tried everything I can think of reseting the phone restarting the router but nothing works.
      so if anyone has any ideas let me know as it was an expensive peice of kit just to throw in a draw.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: cant connect belkin wifi phone

The first thing to try is disabling the wireless security in the router. If it then manages to connect, it points to a security problem, either in the key being entered or the standard being used. If you are using the default settings, the key is in capital letters make sure you are using these in the phone. I think the Dlink may be set to WPA2 as default, check the phone supports this.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

How do I do that cos I know with my netgear its a simple case of accessing the admin page for the router but I was under the impression routers supplied by sky could only be accessed by sky.
      I definitely typed the key in capitals and the phone supports the current security as mine is wpa2 and it connected no worries.
      Sorry if im being dumb but its my dads setup and trying to get useful info out of him is near impossible he didnt even know who made his router despite it being in big black letters on the side.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Type http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar of your browser, hit enter and put admin for the username and sky for the password. Click the Setup link for the wireless setting.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

ok cool il try it next time im there.