Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Temporarily replace Sagem Router with DSL-460GT

This is a discussion on Temporarily replace Sagem Router with DSL-460GT within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, I have been with sky for 2 years and came home today to find my router not working, basically ...

Andydingdangdoo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Temporarily replace Sagem Router with DSL-460GT

Hi,

I have been with sky for 2 years and came home today to find my router not working, basically the lights on the front seem to come on in a random order when you turn it on and off and you can't connect. I called sky and they said it was broken and I would have to be sent a new one, problem is the guy on the phone said it would take 5 working days and as I work from home this is going to mean wasting holiday.

The sky man suggested I borrow a wireless router which I have done, a D-link DSL-460GT however I do not know what I need to change on it to be able to connect to the internet, it's plugged in and I can connect wirelessly but not to web sites.

I have got my sky router password, which I generated from a link on this site using the MAC code and default network key.

Please can someone give me some step by step instructions to setting this router up, I am desperate. I called SKY but they said they did not support anything other than there routers, even though the guy earlier told me to do this.

I am at a friends house posting this - I'm in real trouble!!

Thanks
      Andy

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Temporarily replace Sagem Router with DSL-460GT

Not sure about the D-Link but the fault on the Sagem could well be the power adapter especially if its making a faint buzzing tweating noise, my Mums did the same. If you have another adapter of a similar voltage etc you might have a fix.

Andydingdangdoo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

You're a genius, went and bought a multi adapter from Argos and now all up and working. Why Sky couldn't suggest that I have no idea. The guy on the phone just kept saying he hadn't had much training - rubbish!

Thanks again.

Andy

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

basically the lights on the front seem to come on in a random order when you turn it on
      This is the classic symptoms of a faulty PSU. I would have thought all Sky support would be aware of this by now, especially with Sagems, as their PSUs seem very prone to failing.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.