Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Devices connected to my router?

This is a discussion on Devices connected to my router? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi all, I have had some connection issues with my modem since last night and can't work out what it ...

macka09 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Devices connected to my router?

Hi all, I have had some connection issues with my modem since last night and can't work out what it is. For some reason the internet stopped working and I couldn't connect to the modem from my xbox either. Nothing on the modem has been changed so I couldn't work it out. Got up this morning managed to log onto the internet again but under connected devices on my router page I've noticed theirs 3 devices connected, Ionly have the laptop and my xbox connected??????? Any ideas any one???

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: Devices connected to my router?

In fact guys, I've just done a refresh on the connected devices and it's only got 1 device on their which I assume is my laptop, but as I said I only have my laptop and my xbox, could it be that someone has hacked the password???

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Are you using wireless? Someone may be hacking your account. Go into the wireless section and disable the wireless access point. When you have done that, reboot your router. Check if the extra device is still there. If you are using the wireless you should reset the pass key to a really secure one use at least 12 mixed characters and include some punctuation marks like /,>,$ etc. Also change the admin password for your router, again use random characters which no one could guess.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

how do i change the admin password?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Go into the router settings, Maintenance tab then the Set Password tab. Put in the old pw (sky) then the new one twice, then click apply. Write it down and keep it safe, as you will have to reset the router if you forget it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.