Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Using your own router - Sky's response

This is a discussion on Using your own router - Sky's response within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; My Sky Sagem router give up the ghost on Tuesday and true to form when I rang Sky I was ...

heyho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0113
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Using your own router - Sky's response

My Sky Sagem router give up the ghost on Tuesday and true to form when I rang Sky I was told that it would be 28 + p&p for a new one as it was out of warranty.

After a rant about 'so that's how you treat customers that have the full Sky package' got me no where I slipped in the 'well if it wasn't for your t&c's I could go out and buy my own better router'. The reply I got was 'well do that there's no problem there'. I then reiterated the t&c's and got the same response. So I then asked to speak to a supervisor. And I got the exact same reponse off them.

So off I went to maplins and got myself a netgear N150 which was on offer at 39.99 and came back and had it installed in 10 minutes (thanks mainly to the link on this site for the user id and password generator - many thanks).

Ok so the Netgear was a bit more expensive (and I did consider spending even more on one) but it has to be better than the Sky one.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Using your own router - Sky's response

Don't be surprised if you were to get cut off. As it's in the T&C's Sky can enforce it whenever they decide to - if at all
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

heyho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0113
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IWasNotTheEnemy View Post
      Don't be surprised if you were to get cut off. As it's in the T&C's Sky can enforce it whenever they decide to - if at all
      There are plenty of other fish in the sea with regards to broadband and telephone suppliers. They cut me off they lose my custom.

I'm a bit stuck with Sky HD (I've got the full movies and sports package) though as cable hasn't reached this part of Yorkshire yet.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Absolutely, just saying that they can always enforce it if they want to...o2 are great, btw
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket