Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cannot access wifi on the the new DLink router

This is a discussion on Cannot access wifi on the the new DLink router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by Wingco Having looked at the router today. The Sky rep has replaced the original 8 caps default ...

fuzzy logic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Cannot access wifi on the the new DLink router

Quote Originally Posted by Wingco View Post
      Having looked at the router today. The Sky rep has replaced the original 8 caps default with another 8 caps key. Not only that but the security has been changed from WPA to WEP! I pointed out to my mate that this really isn't all that secure, but he didn't want me to change it as he was connecting and didn't want to mess it up.
      WEP keys can be cracked in under two minutes, you can download a live Linux CD with all the tools set up. Using WEP will only stop people from accidentally connecting to a network. The rep should have advised your mate as such.

If WEP works, and WPA and WPA2 doesn't, then the problem is likely to be as isitme said in his first reply - an outdated driver.

2. Advertisement
      Tskales is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem something...
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Re: Cannot access wifi on the the new DLink router

Quote Originally Posted by Graemezee View Post
      Cannot access wifi on the the new DLink router, the connection just times out.
      I am mainly on a wired network which is working fine.

I had the Sagem and three days ago I lost the internet altogether Sky tested the line and router said it was the line and are sending an engineer. Three days later still no service so swap the Sagem for the new DLink Internet back on so not the line but a faulty router.

I had complained about the router previously its crapy wifi. It took so long for the new router to turn up I found out how to use my BT N home hub2 as a wireless access point. so never bothered to change the Sagem.

As Wifi is still available via the home hub access point its not a problem but i hate unresolved issues would like to know why the router cannot be accessed via wifi.
      Hi Graemezee,

I found your topic whilst searching google for a similar issue. I don't supose you could tell me how you managed to use the bt home hub connection to access wifi?

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12