Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

netgear dg834gt problems

This is a discussion on netgear dg834gt problems within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; last saturday I was trying to change my security setting from wep to wpa (my old ds only used wep). ...

KingToAD is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 023 92
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

netgear dg834gt problems

last saturday I was trying to change my security setting from wep to wpa (my old ds only used wep). As I could not remember my password I had to reset the router. I did this, changed the wpa and everything was fine......... until monday,

around about 7.30 - 9.00 at night the router was cutting out and then the router lights were following this sequence:

all off,

green power light on

amber tick flashes then goes off

i symbol flashes and then flickers

all off.

I called sky and they got me to check the connection to know avail.

the only suggestion they had was that I reinstall the FW onto the router via the cd that came with it.

problem, I cannot find the cd - sky agreed to send this to me but it hasn't shown just yet.

Meanwhile I looked on this site for help and found a link on how to upgrade the FW. I was going to follow this when I realised my FW is the latest I was about to upgrade.

I am using V1 (white) Netgear DG834gt router.

Has anyone experienced this or know of a fix? touch wood today the router has been fine. (famous lasts words)!

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: netgear dg834gt problems

I doubt that it is a firmware issue, why Sky support should suspect that, I don't know. Corrupted firmware in a router is a very rare occurrence. It is more likely to be a failing PSU. If you have another 12v one that will fit, try it. It is possible it is the router which is faulty, but the DG834GT is a hardy beast, if it gets through the first few months, they normally just keep going and going.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

KingToAD is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 023 92
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: netgear dg834gt problems

Thanks isitme.

I haven't got one at present but the issue seems to be ok so far this weekend. i'll keep you posted.