Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

NAT server ?

This is a discussion on NAT server ? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have set my router up for dynamic DNS and entered the details etc. If in a browser I navigate ...

far2wired is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: KINGSMEAD
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question NAT server ?

I have set my router up for dynamic DNS and entered the details etc. If in a browser I navigate to my dyndns.org address I get the router admin login

I have an FTP server running on port 21 (its a Thecus N2100 box).

All my devices get an IP address via DHCP. I have found the Firewall Rules page but that asked for a fixed IP address...

What do I configure in the router to ftp to the Thecus box?

I'm coming from a Vigor 2600 and that had a NAT setup page, but I cant find anything to do with NAT in the config screens.

I also have a web disk on port 80 and a secure HTTP on 443 but figure the same procedrue would apply

*Update* - Just to add I've disabled UPnP as detailed in the sticky, should this now be on???
      Last edited by far2wired; 01-10-06 at 03:09 PM.
      Sky Broadband Max | Wired | Clarity modified ADSL master socket | 10m twisted pair ADSL extension

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi far2wired

You can assign a static internal IP to each machine by going to LAN IP Setup and at the bottom of that page you will see the option clicking add will show you each machine thats connected.

Then just add that IP to the firewall rule for that machine or any others.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cheers Wheelie!

I've allocated static IP addresses (I've upped my start range for IP address to avoid any problems).

I've added a Firewall rule for inbound FTP service using TCP:20,21 action allow, send to IP address (now static) of Thecus box. Wan users any. Log Always.

From a dos box I type my dyndns.org address and it returns "connection closed by remote host".

I've rebooted the router in case settings arent saved following the Apply...

Theres nothing in the Security Logs to indicate any access (or denied).

From my limited knowledge of setting up routers it should be all there but I still cant access the FTP server...

Just found this on portforward.com -
      http://www.portforward.com/english/r...G834GT/FTP.htm
      This even mentions a "Virtual Server" menu, can I find it ?!?!
      Last edited by far2wired; 01-10-06 at 03:43 PM.
      Sky Broadband Max | Wired | Clarity modified ADSL master socket | 10m twisted pair ADSL extension

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Ah I think I know whats wrong

Try this http://www.g6ftpserver.com/en/ftptest and see if it can be seen

You have no NAT Loopback on Netgear routers they will only work via the internal IP for testing.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Sky TV:
      Thanks

He shoots, he scores...

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Great have fun biggrin::
      Ray

click here