Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

finally ipad prob sorted with dg934 router..BUT....

This is a discussion on finally ipad prob sorted with dg934 router..BUT.... within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Ok guys some of you may or may not have seen my woes with my ipad, and occasional macbook, disconnection ...

toz66 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01773
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

finally ipad prob sorted with dg934 router..BUT....

Ok guys some of you may or may not have seen my woes with my ipad, and occasional macbook, disconnection problems I was having with my regular new white netgear router.

Anyway to cut a long story short, through my listeners my gaming podcast, I was actually given help from a sky employer who listens to the show, and I got sorted a 934 netgear router, as they had same equipment and ipad, and other apple stuff was working superb.

And yes finally out the box, cured my ipad problem right away, However, and you just knew there was going to be a however, lol...

Anyway, my line speeds on this router just will not go to the usual settings of my old router, and its annoying, especially the upload speed, firstley let me say I'm extremely fortunate enough to be close to the exchange, some 616 meter's I think it is officially, so again very lucky to hit top speeds on my old router, I think around the 16000 mark, and my UL speed was around the..10000.

But now this new router, will not go above, 15355 for Dl, and even more infuriating, its now..412 kbps UL, which I know is way off the mark.

So guys can you give me an idea please how to sort this out, things I have tried, router reboots, Disconnect phone line for 10 mins, (that did get my Dl speed increased from 7 up to 15 were it is now.

My firmware details are...V2.02.44
      and ADSL Firmware Version 7.03.01.66

So any help getting it back to were it has been for over a year now.

thanks

2. Advertisement
      simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: finally ipad prob sorted with dg934 router..BUT....

Lets see some router stats please, preferably one from the normal position and one set from the test socket.
      Incidentally as the Dg934 uses a different chipset to the DG834GT you may find it simply doesnt work as well with the equipment in the exchange. TI AR7 instead of a Broadcom chipset, some exchanges work better with the TI chips others with Broadcom and others with Conexant.

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB

toz66 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01773
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi
      Appreciate the quick response, and I will follow up later, However I think I may have tracked the problem down...logging onto my account, for some bloody daft reason, sky have started line tests, just because of the new router, which does sound like the problem.

Anyone know of of a real painless way to contact sky to tell them to stop.
      Is annoying when you have been with them for over 11 years, and had BB for god knows how long, you really think common sense would prevail.

thanks again

simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

If they've started line testing then leave the router plugged in and it should fix itself over time.

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB