Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sagem Sky Router firmware needed

This is a discussion on Sagem Sky Router firmware needed within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; First off, you mentioned a 'red light' on the router. Was that the internet light (the @ symbol)? If so, ...

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sagem Sky Router firmware needed

First off, you mentioned a 'red light' on the router. Was that the internet light (the @ symbol)? If so, then it sounds as if the PSU on the router is on its way out. Sky will send a replacement for free if you call up about that. Whether it'd affect the wireless functioning properly is questionable, though, but possible I'd say.

If you haven't tried yet, download inSSIDer and check what channels everyone else is on. However, If you've literally tried all channels on the router to no avail, then either piggybacking a more powerful router to act as the wireless access point or using your own router (albeit that's against sky's terms and conditions) would be a good shout.

In regards to the latter options of piggybacking or using a third party router, I'll let someone else chime in on the best method to do so, as I'm not the best person to ask on the best way to go about either of those.

2. Advertisement
      steve61 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Falmouth
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

@nutter
      you got PM

nutter123 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I got your PM Steve. Thanks (Didn't help but it was worth a try) User05 it is the red light at the internet part. They reckon it's the PSU itself as I did phone and they insist that it's the PSU. I'm getting a replacement sent out to me which hopefully will solve my problem (I will never mess with it again when and if I do get it fixed trust me)!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12