Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky not offering support for portforwarding?

This is a discussion on Sky not offering support for portforwarding? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Ok, i recently contacted Sky about my Router problem and that it simply wont portforward even though ive setup everything ...

Jambab is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Sky not offering support for portforwarding?

Ok, i recently contacted Sky about my Router problem and that it simply wont portforward even though ive setup everything correctly.

Now ive just had a reply stating that "whilst there is a port forwarding feature on the router we do not offer support for it"

So, im in need of someone on this forum to help me out with it, since obviously Sky are retreating and ive left in the dark.

It worked when i first had the router then something happened and im not sure what and it stopped portforwarding.

Any clues why this may be?

I dont mind going on teamviewer for one of you experienced guys to check it out if you want.

2. Advertisement
      simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky not offering support for portforwarding?

Try to reset the router using the button on the back, if that doesnt fix it then it sounds like your router had its firmware upgraded remotely and it broke the functionality. A custom firmware may be the only answer in this case.

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

It may have been better continuing with your original thread on the subject. Members would not then waste their time on replies which have already been answered.
      Re-installing Firmware fix Portforwarding?
      Did you try installing the CU firmware? If you did and it still does not work then the router is probably faulty, so you should be looking for a replacement.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Ok sorry for not continuing with that thread, i didnt want to be seen as bumping, anyway i havent tried it yet ive tried re-installing the official firmware again but i havent tried the custom one, do you recommend that i do try the custom one?

Thanks

It may help, so it is worth a try. It only takes a few minutes and can be done from the Upgrade page of the router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Im not sure whether i should since it is against the terms of use of sky broadband, i dont want to get suspended or anything.

I just want my portforwarding to work.

Thanks

Unlike standard firmware the CU firmware is modified Sky firmware and does not change the appearance of the router to the Sky servers. It will accept and apply any firmware updates that Sky put on the server. I doubt that it will help, but it is worth a try. The alternate is shelling out 28 quid to Sky for a new router.

On the off-chance that your ports are open and you get a false negative from the port checker you are using. Download this one, follow the instructions carefully and check-
      PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

TomD

Useful Utilites