Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

limit router sync speed?

This is a discussion on limit router sync speed? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; i emailed sky a while ago to reduce my max delays to 8 for xbox 360 gaming and my ping ...

danny taylor is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCASB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

limit router sync speed?

i emailed sky a while ago to reduce my max delays to 8 for xbox 360 gaming and my ping went down to 34ms which im happy with however i know that the usual trend is higher sync speed = lower ping and recently it has gone up to 5300 download and 780 upload and the ping has gone up to 53 on sagem router.
      i was wondering if there was a way to limit this so it doesnt go over say 5000 so my ping will go down to 34 again.
      thanks

2. Advertisement
      boothy_08 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Oldham
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media 120Mbps
      Router: Superhub 2 VM
      Sky TV: Freeview TV
      Thanks

Re: limit router sync speed?

did you upgrade to the new 7.50 a month unlimited package? because my line has been put on DLM after i upgraded to the new 7.50 a month package, they say its set for gaming now, but my latency has gone up from 26ms to around 44ms

Thanks

no all i did was email them to change max delays n they did, i just need to know how to limit router sync speed so its lower

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Although you can do this with the Netgear routers by tweaking the noise margin, I don't think you can do it with the Sagem. Limiting your speed will not necessarily improve your ping. You should get in touch with Sky again and ask them to reduce your delay, you settings may have been changed for some reason.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

i know theve not changed it back as it would hav gone up to about 90ms its just because its gone high to 5meg does ne1 know of a hack or anythin?

sbarkeri is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYSHI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

The fact of the matter seems to be that your Sync speed has randomly increased, this would usually not happen unless you had been put back on DLM or someone had changed your speed manually. When I upgraded package they reset my max delays and my ping went upto around 39ms when it is usually 29ms. When I first joined Sky my ping used to be 50-60ms, so it would appear that my max delays were nowhere near as high as before but were increased nevertheless.

Just ring Sky and tell them to change your max delays again, if they say they are already set to 8 then you know you have a more underlying problem. However in regards to your sync speed, unless you are getting a *beep* load of errors on your line I cannot see lowering your sync speed by such a small amount chaning anything.