Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hating sky router!

This is a discussion on Hating sky router! within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Ive only been with sky broadband since Wednesday and im already hating it and wishing I never changed from Virgin! ...

PizzedOff is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hating sky router!

Ive only been with sky broadband since Wednesday and im already hating it and wishing I never changed from Virgin!

Any type of security on the sagem router and I cant connect to it, this includes to WPA-PSK, WPA-802.11x, WEP or MAC Address filtering...

Im using a Belkin Wireless G PCI card and I dont understand why it doesnt want to connect, I used WPA-PSK on my virgin Netgear so why the hell does it not want to connect?! Im not going to leave my network open without any protection... Has anyone else ever had this type of problem and can give me the solution to whats wrong with it? I even took it to my friend whos a network engineer and he couldnt figure out why it wouldnt connect, ive rung sky up about it and they havent got a clue as to why its not working (Or the fact that I put the phone down on the woman after 50 minutes on the phone of her thinking it would work after trying it dozens of times).

So far sky have been crap, and if it doesnt get sorted out in the next month, im going back to virgin...

P.S Windows 7 64bit

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Hating sky router!

Try uninstalling the Belkin Adapter, including its drivers, from your machine, then reinstall it using the latest drivers.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Try uninstalling the Belkin Adapter, including its drivers, from your machine, then reinstall it using the latest drivers.
      Tried that, should have mentioned that in the first post.

dsldude is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Have you tried different channels on the router.

paulcarrm9mx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

you ONLY have 8 day to cancel your contract so do it ASAP

Exchange:
      Thanks

If I said that there is problems with the router connecting to my PC, would they send me the netgear one?

Quote Originally Posted by dsldude View Post
      Have you tried different channels on the router.
      Yeah ive tried lots of the channels and to no avail.
      Also, im on the unlimited package, where I should be able to get up to 20MB, at the moment, im getting 3MB and according to the noise margin, 33.0db, I should be able to get at least over 10MB easy. But no...

Thanks

Also, im on the unlimited package, where I should be able to get up to 20MB, at the moment, im getting 3MB and according to the noise margin, 33.0db, I should be able to get at least over 10MB easy. But no...
      Your activation letter should have informed you that you would be starting at a low speed until DLM has run. Your speed will then increase to its maximum stable rate.

Have you tried to connect another PC to the router? It is possible the router has a fault.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Your activation letter should have informed you that you would be starting at a low speed until DLM has run. Your speed will then increase to its maximum stable rate.

Have you tried to connect another PC to the router? It is possible the router has a fault.
      There are 2 other devices that are connected to the router, a PS3 and a laptop. For the life of me, I cannot understand why it wont connect if its the same wireless protection as what I had on my netgear, ive deleted all the wireless networks from Network and Sharing centre and still it wont connect

Exchange:
      Thanks

Ive just noticed as well that every couple of minutes, the signal is lost on the router, it just disappears from the network list, it happens with my netgear at the moment as well, its really annoying that they only installed one socket and its downstairs and on the other side of the house...

Thanks

it happens with my netgear at the moment as well, its really annoying that they only installed one socket and its downstairs and on the other side of the house...
      Do you have your Netgear piggy-backed to the Sagem? I was going to suggest you try this as you can then switch off the wireless in your Sagem which will cure your security problem.

Did you have your phone line installed by Sky? If so, you will be on the SVBN, which can give some problems, especially when newly connected.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast