Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

weird situation.

This is a discussion on weird situation. within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hey, I have been using sky broadband for over a year now and not had many problems with it. When ...

mikey88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

weird situation.

Hey, I have been using sky broadband for over a year now and not had many problems with it. When I first got it installed, I was able to reach download speeds of over 750kb/s, but over time this has steadily decreased and for the past 8 or 9 months it has stayed at 500kb/s

Only thing is, I know somebody that recently converted over to sky broadband that lives around 4 miles away and they have been able to reach speeds of over 1mb/s. They have had speeds like this for over 3 months now.

Any reason why somebody that lives so close to me, is able to achieve twice the speeds?

We both have exactly the same subscription, same modem, same everything. The only difference is he connects to it wirelessly on a laptop, where as I connect via ethernet.

This isn't too much of an issue, as I very rarely download (mainly use the internet for gaming), but bit of a concern as we both pay the same subscription prices and they seem to be getting a better service.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: weird situation.

Stats please!! (See sig)
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket