Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Netgear Modem Issues

This is a discussion on Netgear Modem Issues within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Have been on sky broadband max for almost 3 years and am happy with the service ( I would be ...

geezer466 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Netgear Modem Issues

Have been on sky broadband max for almost 3 years and am happy with the service ( I would be as I am only 200 metres from the exchange).

My Netgear router/ADSL modem call it what you will is now starting to play up with random disconnects.
      I have moved the modem recently when I re-sited all my computer gear and as I broke one of the plastic feet I chucked the other and laid it down.

Could a build of heat in the unit be causing an issue? If I unplug/reboot it I can usually get it to reconnect again. Not sure yet if this is a cooling issue or if the unit is on the way out.

Finally given I am well out of contract ( I am happy with sky's service) what can I do to convince them to send me a new modem?

I am pc literate enough to be able to extract my user/pass from this unit and place my own on site but that would require expense on my part..

Thanks for all considered replies..

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Netgear Modem Issues

I think Sky are charging for out of warranty routers now so you will inccur an expense anyway.

You should post some router stats just so we can see, also post them from the TEST socket.

geezer466 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Netgear Modem Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      I think Sky are charging for out of warranty routers now so you will inccur an expense anyway.

You should post some router stats just so we can see, also post them from the TEST socket.
      So cancelling and resubscribing is not an option then? To be honest I only take the TV entrainment/sports packs as a condition of having the broadband but given the distance from the exchange I am sure many other providers could give me exactly the same service.

Pasting the stats I think would be pointless as when it works it works fine when it doesn't it simply refuses to get an IP address.