Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Newbie trying to install mothers Sagem.....

This is a discussion on Newbie trying to install mothers Sagem..... within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; That's more like it. There is definately something wrong with the PC, as you say, it will not matter ifit ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Newbie trying to install mothers Sagem.....

That's more like it. There is definately something wrong with the PC, as you say, it will not matter ifit is going to be replaced. Do a test after 5.30, see what you get

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      Dougster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Erskine
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Do a test after 5.30, see what you get
      Next to nothing on both PC (Ethernet) and laptop (Wi-Fi)

Both Sky and O2 might get a wee phone call soon.

Dougster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Erskine
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Can you answer this (or point me in the right direction), when recently requesting MAC code from previous broadband supplier (Orange/Wanadoo) and transferring phone line (Post Office) to Sky we were informed by P.O. that it may cost to go back to a B.T. phone line?

Although I am far from an expert I like to think I have a bit of a handle on these things and understand contention ratio and what suppliers mean when they state "up to" certain speeds etc.

What annoys the life out of me is that companies can sell this to unsuspecting customers, keep charging them the full rate, and tell them little.

I don't want to bang on about Virgin Media but in my last two properties my broadband speeds have tested to almost what they have sold me, consistent at all times and I have (to my knowledge) never been capped. They also supplied 3 pretty decent specced wi-fi routers one of which I sold for 50!!

I'm going out for a beer.............

(I'd buy someone on here one too if he was closer!!)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If your exchange is not enabled by Sky and it is not, you are still on a BT line. Only those who are on a Sky enabled exchange can be taken off BT and put on to Sky's own network. There is no technical reason why O2 could not put you on their broadband and still leave the phone with Sky. If they say they can't do it, it is for a 'paper' reason as to all intents and purposes you still have a BT compatible line. After all, the broadband you have at the moment is really BT with a Sky badge on it.

From what I have seen reported on the forum, BT are only too willing to take a line back at no cost, provided you accept their contract, should the occasion arise .

The difficulty is getting out of the Sky phone contract, the broadband is easy enough as it is just not fit for purpose, but the phone is a different matter. Hopefully O2 would accept it as a BT line. If and when you try to join, don't tell them your rental is with Sky unless specifically asked. With a bit of luck they will test the line, find it OK and you are on your way to a decent broadband connection.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234