Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DG934G Remote Desktop port 3389 problem

This is a discussion on DG934G Remote Desktop port 3389 problem within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, i recently successfully set up Remote Desktop on my Windows Mobile phone to connect to my PC through my ...

cd993 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

DG934G Remote Desktop port 3389 problem

Hi, i recently successfully set up Remote Desktop on my Windows Mobile phone to connect to my PC through my Sky DG934G router. However after restoring default router settings (flashed DG834G firmware then changed my mind lol) and attempting to replicate router settigs based on the attached screenshots I took of them, I can't get it to work. When it was working, Windows firewall was disabled and Zone Alarm configured correctly as was all Windows settings on my PC and phone. Nothing has changed wtth those settings so must be my router thats the issue. As can be seen from the screen shots, I had it set up to forward the port 3389 (not sure if how I had it set up was the best way to do it but it worked) but now after applying those settings in the screenshots it doesn't work. When using a port check tool (Open Port Check Tool) it cannot access 3389 (Error: Connection Refused) so something isn't correct in my settings.

Windows Mobile returns the following error:

Cannot connect. LIkely reasons are:
      1. The remote computer is not set up for this.
      2. Reached the maximum number of connections.
      3. A network error occurred while connecting.

DG934G router returns the following in the log (IP starred out for privacy):

Sat, 2010-03-13 14:46:21 - TCP Packet - Source:192.168.0.3,1057 Destination:**.***.**.***,3389 - [remote3 rule match]

I'm really unsure as to what to try next as after applying the settings in the screenshots I can't think of anything else and nothing has changed elsewhere so must be my router.

Any help would be appreciated!
      Thanks
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DG934G Remote Desktop port 3389 problem-1.jpg   DG934G Remote Desktop port 3389 problem-2.jpg   DG934G Remote Desktop port 3389 problem-3.jpg   DG934G Remote Desktop port 3389 problem-4.jpg  

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: DG934G Remote Desktop port 3389 problem

Does anyone have any knowledge on how to correctly set up Remote Desktop with this router? I must of missed some setting somewhere surely! I have tried the instructions from here Port Forwarding Remote Desktop on the Netgear DG934G and still nothing, what am I missing??

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Are you trying to access the PC from outside your network?

If it worked before when you were using non Sky firmware and it does not work now, that seems to suggest that the Sky firmware is not allowing it.

Depending on why you want to connect your phone remotely, you might want to try Log-me-in Free. https://secure.logmein.com/US/products/free/

If you want access to your music, files, etc, then Retro-share may be what you are looking for. Have a look here - RetroShare it may do everything you want.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi thanks for the reply. It was working with the original Sky firmware, it was only when I tried the original Netgear D834G and then went back to Sky's DG934G firmware that it no longer works. I don't understand as all that would of done is reset all settings to factory default.

As for that Log-me-in option, I could resort to that however there are data restrictions I believe and also simply out of prinicple of my Sky router working before and not now, I really want to get it working again!

Hmmm......

Thanks

A bit basic I know, but have you checked that your PC is using the correct address?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I checked for that, but to confirm how do I determin what it is? After resetting the router to default settings, is it also resetted to a default address? I used command prompt within windows and checked using "ipconfig /all" to reveal my ipv4 address, was 192.168.0.2 I believe, I did however try 192.168.0.3 to see if that worked. In "attached devices" within the router, my phones mac address appears there so it is connecting on some level just not letting it through, must be the address perhaps then, could you instruct on how to definatly set it up correctly?

I appreciate your help!
      Thanks

Thanks

Are you trying to connect your phone to your PC from within your LAN? Or are you trying to access the internet with your phone through your router?

What OS are you using?

As an experiment open a Command Prompt on your PC and type ping 192.168.0.3. Make sure your phone is switched on and you should get a reply.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Are you trying to connect your phone to your PC from within your LAN? Or are you trying to access the internet with your phone through your router?

What OS are you using?

As an experiment open a Command Prompt on your PC and type ping 192.168.0.3. Make sure your phone is switched on and you should get a reply.
      I am tring to connect my windows mobile phone to my windows 7 pc. I connect to my 3g internet on my phone and try to activate remote desktop.

I tried entering 192.168.0.3 at command prompt but it returned error:

"is not recognised as an internal or external command..."

How can I properly identify what my address is, i.e. if its 192.168.0.2 which is should be, a static IP correct?

Thanks

I tried entering 192.168.0.3 at command prompt but it returned error:
      It will do that if you forget to put ping then a space in front of it.

I connect to my 3g internet on my phone and try to activate remote desktop.
      I could be wrong, but I think what may be happening is that the router is picking up your phone directly with WiFi and is getting confused when you try to connect with your 3g connection. Is it possible to turn off the WiFi on the phone and just use the 3g? Wifi connects to the internet through a wireless network connected to a modem(router), 3g connects directly to the Internet.

To check your PC IP address, do ipconfig /all in a Command prompt. The address of your PC will be shown as-
      IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.2(Preferred)
      The (Preferred) is shown behind the address as I have set this in the router*. The router address is shown in -
      Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

* You can do this by going to the Attached Devices in the router settings and transferring the entry for you PC shown there to the Address Reservation list under LAN IP Setup. Your PC will always be given this address when it connects to the router.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

ALL SORTED!!

turns out that when I had reinstalled my firmware I had been given a new IP address so once I enetered the correct IP to connect to it connected no problem!

Many thanks for your help and suggestions with this, much appreciated!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast