Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

DG934G Remote Desktop port 3389 problem

This is a discussion on DG934G Remote Desktop port 3389 problem within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; One other thing though, if someones able to help, does the Sky DG934G router I have support being a VPN ...

cd993 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: DG934G Remote Desktop port 3389 problem

One other thing though, if someones able to help, does the Sky DG934G router I have support being a VPN host? Have followed all the guides but whenever I try to connect an outside PC to this one, it returns an "Error 800"?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

It is your PC that will be the host. The Sagem routers have problems with VNP, but the Netgears are OK. What VNP client are you using? I think if you are using the Windows 7 one you will have to use the same on the other PC. The same goes for any other client software of course. ie, if you have Nortel on one PC you will not be able to connect to Cisco on another machine.

You must also ensure both PCs are on different subnets. If both have the same subnet ie, if the remote PC is also using 192.168.0.xxx they will not connect.

I hope I am not trying to teach my granny how to suck eggs.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

cd993 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      It is your PC that will be the host. The Sagem routers have problems with VNP, but the Netgears are OK. What VNP client are you using? I think if you are using the Windows 7 one you will have to use the same on the other PC. The same goes for any other client software of course. ie, if you have Nortel on one PC you will not be able to connect to Cisco on another machine.

You must also ensure both PCs are on different subnets. If both have the same subnet ie, if the remote PC is also using 192.168.0.xxx they will not connect.

I hope I am not trying to teach my granny how to suck eggs.
      haha nagh dont worry, i know what im doing to an extent but my knowledge in this area is fairly basic. I am tryin to connect my girlfriends window 7 pc to my windows 7 pc via a vpn set up (me being the hose) using the built in windows 7 vpn software.

it is likely that we are indeed using the same subnets, would be easier for me to change mine and so how is this done in my router? Not at home right now but if you could be so kind as to guide me I can in your reply I can check it out as soon as I return, many thanks!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

It is easy enough to change but remember you will have to change any port settings or address reservations you have made to the new address. Just go into the router settings and in the LAN IP setting change the zeroes to ones, ie where your router address is 192.168.0.1 change to 192.168.1.1. The same with the server addresses. Remember to click apply.

After doing this to gain access to the router you will have to type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. When you make the change your PC may disconnect, if it does go to Start>Connect and click the connection.

If everything goes wrong you can push in the reset button for a few seconds to wipe everything back to default. Just in case it does, before you do anything, go to the Backup Settings link in the router and save your present settings to the Desktop. If need be, you can use these to return you to how you are now, by using the Restore settings function..

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12