Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Router Frequently Disconnects

This is a discussion on Router Frequently Disconnects within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hey all, Recently, my router keeps disconnecting, with the orange light flashing, before reconnecting again. This happens several times everyday ...

TheDeputy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01255
      Broadband ISP: AOL
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Router Frequently Disconnects

Hey all,

Recently, my router keeps disconnecting, with the orange light flashing, before reconnecting again. This happens several times everyday and the problem seems to be detriorating. Along with this, my speed has also dropped significantly as has my upload. I am meant to be getting 6MB/s download speed, but instead have 3312kb/s download and 615kb/s upload. The disconnects from the router occur much frequently when playing online on my PS3. Can anyone help me? I've tried phoning Sky but they're useless. They won't even send me a new router. I'm wired by the way, not wireless.

P.S I have the Sagem black Sky router.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Router Frequently Disconnects

Post your router stats from the current location and also from the TEST socket.

How to get your router statistics

How to test your ADSL in the Master Socket

Thanks

I did the master scoket test and my download speed only increased by around 200kb/s and the router still disconnected. From the screesshot above, you can see I'm not getting the 6MB/s I was promised.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Are those from your test socket? We need to see stats from there and your current position to be able to tell you where the issue is. Also, do you have filter directly onto any socket in use?

Thanks

If someone promised you 6mb then they were lying, until you have a connection nobody can be 100% sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      Are those from your test socket? We need to see stats from there and your current position to be able to tell you where the issue is. Also, do you have filter directly onto any socket in use?
      Nope, that's with using my extension lead. I'll post up the statistics from the master socket tomorrow morning. Yeah, I use a filter by the way.

Also, I was upgraded to 5.3MB/s, which was last week, and since then, it had steadily been decreasing. They told me 6MB/s but as you know you can't get 6MB/s, but on the speedtest, I had 5.3MB/s.

Thanks

If your using an extension lead then that will be the main culprit

kevpc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

been having exactly the same problem with next to no help from sky. they even told me to start using a non-sky router. been doing that for 4 days but getting same drop outs as before with white netgear. speed yoyoing from 16000kbps down to 11500kbps. tonite the router rebooted 7 times within an hour! makes no difference whether plugged into inside master socket (after removing faceplate) or outside and have only 1 phone socket anyway. house cable renewed by BT 7 months ago and cable from pole to house renewed about 3.5 years ago. changed cables, filters and routers but no difference. sky supposed to send another router, but had nothing. their customer service is deteriorating drastically! refuse to get an engineer out, whether sky or bt, unless i pay! pretty disgraceful, i think!

Thanks

Kevpc, you too need to post both sets of stats (current and test), this may indicate what the problem is, you may also want to download netmonitor from my sig and run it for a day or so.

kevpc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hi again. tnx for reply, Smithy99. am going to ring sky again today. if it is not sorted out properly this week, am going to put in a writen complaint and also to ofcom. sky are taking the pee out of their customers, blaming them and expecting them to pay to have things put right. my problem has been going on since i joined sky but almost stopped when i started using one of their white netgears. til now, that is andoff we go again! like too many companies in UK now, once a contract is started, no one is interested in the customer any more cause the money is being paid.
      concerning posting the stats, no disrespect intended because i really do appreciate your reply and offer of help, i did all of this before, but it didn't solve anything. i have tried all that was suggested here before and all that i could think of myself. waste of time. i am convinced there is a fault on my line but no one will check it, saying that if BT comes out, they can only test up to 8meg anyway. the engineer will then report that there is no problem and i'll get a bill for 144, which, being on benefit, i cant afford. even if i could, i dont see why i should. if there was nothing wrong, i wouldn't get constant reboots, would i? i am screwed, i think, and will end up leaving sky and going back to an 8meg service with someone else. another satisfied customer, i dont think!! shame really.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast