Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

DG934G Port Forwarding - Struggling with Utorrent after moving to Sky

This is a discussion on DG934G Port Forwarding - Struggling with Utorrent after moving to Sky within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; *Sorry if this is covered in the Port Forwarding Sticky or other thread. I have trawled through but can't seem ...

Teemsta is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0161
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

DG934G Port Forwarding - Struggling with Utorrent after moving to Sky

*Sorry if this is covered in the Port Forwarding Sticky or other thread. I have trawled through but can't seem to find specific answer*.

Hi All

Sorry for my first post being a question, but after trying everything I just don’t seem to be getting anywhere. Basically, I want to forward a port for Utorrent on my Netgear V2 DG934G. I have recently joined sky broadband everyday and my connection went active on Friday. I followed this to the letter (with the exception of static IP setup):

Port Forwarding Utorrent on the Netgear DG934G

So far I have:

• Logged into my router at 192.168.0.1 using Admin and Sky
      • Gone to services and added custom service, named it Utorrent1, entered my port number (53791) and used TCP/ UDP. Clicked Apply
      • Gone to Firewall rules and added the port in both inbound and outbound as Allow Always, set WAN users to ALL and added my send to LAN server as 192.168.0.2 (my PC). Clicked on Apply
      • Made sure enable check boxes are marked.
      • Tried with UPNP on and off.

Everytime I test the port 53791 using the Utorrent port checker (via speed test menu), I always get told it is closed.

Now the only thing I didn’t do was setup up a static IP, as I never needed to previously with my old Router (I only have the one wireless device anyway). Is this essential to get this to work on the DG934G? When I test the port, the IP listed on the site is infact the ADSL IP (eg 90.172.22 etc) and not my PC IP of 192.168.0.2 (which I confirmed as correct after test). Maybe this is it?

I spent 4 hours fiddling with this and Im at my wits end! Any help greatly appreciated

Thankyou in advance

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: DG934G Port Forwarding - Struggling with Utorrent after moving to Sky

Set your PC up with a fixed address and reserve this in the router LAN setting Address Reservation.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Teemsta is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0161
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Ok cheers, will try this and let everyone know how it goes

tommy45 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCSOU
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

I have the Netgear dg834g v5 router, but only the 1 pc connected, so i disabled the dhcp server ,gave my pc a static ip address, (win xp, right click on your lan connection select status, then properties, scroll down list to internet protocol(TCP/IP) select this then select
      use following ip adress, enter the default 192.168.0.2 the subnet should fill it's self then your routers ip (default 192.168.0.1) for default gateway and again for the preferred dns server,

then in your routers gui page, select services and enter the details of the port in u torrent, then select firewall outgoing, and add to outgoing rules apply thats it,